A Special Announcement from EA

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
errorgance

Re: A Special Announcement from EA

Post by errorgance »

lurker here, Registered an account just to say this:

I 'd like to see a RTS with a high usage of voxels, where each pixel in a unit is a voxel.

I'd also like to be able to make my own custom army, with a built in unit editor complete with voxel editor and sliders for vehicle attributes.

Voxels are the best way of bridging the gap between pixel graphics and modern 3d graphics and as seen with other existing titles, very easy to build with.

most importantly though, NO DLC, NO LOOT BOXES. expansions aplenty sure, BUT NO LOOT BOXES AND NO SMALL PATCHES OF DLC. If you put in that shit, I will NOT PURCHASE YOUR SHIT.

avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

errorgance wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:03 pm
lurker here, Registered an account just to say this:

I 'd like to see a RTS with a high usage of voxels, where each pixel in a unit is a voxel.

I'd also like to be able to make my own custom army, with a built in unit editor complete with voxel editor and sliders for vehicle attributes.

Voxels are the best way of bridging the gap between pixel graphics and modern 3d graphics and as seen with other existing titles, very easy to build with.

most importantly though, NO DLC, NO LOOT BOXES. expansions aplenty sure, BUT NO LOOT BOXES AND NO SMALL PATCHES OF DLC. If you put in that shit, I will NOT PURCHASE YOUR SHIT.
As for the custom army part... I think Petroglyph's latest game has some sort of feature like that.

MonkeyWaffles

Post by MonkeyWaffles »

Life-long fan of ye olde Westwood games here... Red Alert was my definitive introduction to RTSes & I've played most C&C products before & since, so I am definitely looking forward to this & signed up just to opine about the remake/remaster. Here's it in no particular order:

1. Please include all C&C games together in one big game with crossplay between factions in skirmirsh/multiplayer
This has been a big wish since I started playing C&C games. Always wanted to see how a tesla coil would fare against an obelisk of light! Maybe include each different C&C game as a sort of DLC/expansion into the main game, and of course keep each factions variations between games as distinct options. I wanna be able to have a C&C1 mammoth tank go against a C&C:TS mammoth.

2. If it's a remaster, please combine all the 2D & 2.5D games together. The 3D games can have their own thing. If it's a remake, please include ALL C&C games in one game engine.
Please?

3. Please include the dinosaur missions and the ant missions
Better yet, please have them became their own full blown factions. Speaking of, might as well include the mutants as its own faction as well.

4. Please make hero units seen in single player into proper hero units with expanded mechanics
Maybe one can find inspiration from other RTS's that have hero mechanics*cough*W***craft3. I so wanted to see Volkov & Chitzkoi in a skirmish mission :P Who doesn't like a magical flying robot dog & his soviet handler? Also want to see said magical robot flying dog go against Tanya or Yuri prime.

5. Balance the game so infantries aren't basically obsolete near the end of the game
Infantries are more than just tank track fodder. Tank rushing should not solve everything.

6. Please include Co-Op for single player missions
Growing up, when playing C&C with my friends, we used to fight for control of the mouse. (though that was how we accidentally found out that if you stood an unsellable infantry next to a fence or sandbag in C&C1, you could 'accidentally' sell it when the cursor turns to the dollar sign.) I'd totally love it if there was local/online Co-op for single player.

7. Include tools for easy modding and map enditing with custom units & factions
Among the best memories I have of C&C is creating technicians that shoot artillery shells that give you money when you 'build' them. Lots of personal head canon there. Fun times.

8. Please don't make the game Origin exclusive
I'd be super happy if it would also be available on other platforms such as Steam or GOG. Lots of international players who don't have access to credit cards or can't afford the game if it weren't for the regional pricing scheme. Having it exclusively on Origin would definitely shut out a lot of fans from having access to the game.

My 8 points... As I said, really excited and looking forward to this remake/remaster. Would definitely get my friends from the old days to buy this so we can nostalgize together; especially if most of the points up top were granted! ;)

DoDoCat

Post by DoDoCat »

MonkeyWaffles wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:56 am
Life-long fan of ye olde Westwood games here... Red Alert was my definitive introduction to RTSes & I've played most C&C products before & since, so I am definitely looking forward to this & signed up just to opine about the remake/remaster. Here's it in no particular order:

1. Please include all C&C games together in one big game with crossplay between factions in skirmirsh/multiplayer
This has been a big wish since I started playing C&C games. Always wanted to see how a tesla coil would fare against an obelisk of light! Maybe include each different C&C game as a sort of DLC/expansion into the main game, and of course keep each factions variations between games as distinct options. I wanna be able to have a C&C1 mammoth tank go against a C&C:TS mammoth.

2. If it's a remaster, please combine all the 2D & 2.5D games together. The 3D games can have their own thing. If it's a remake, please include ALL C&C games in one game engine.
Please?

3. Please include the dinosaur missions and the ant missions
Better yet, please have them became their own full blown factions. Speaking of, might as well include the mutants as its own faction as well.

4. Please make hero units seen in single player into proper hero units with expanded mechanics
Maybe one can find inspiration from other RTS's that have hero mechanics*cough*W***craft3. I so wanted to see Volkov & Chitzkoi in a skirmish mission :P Who doesn't like a magical flying robot dog & his soviet handler? Also want to see said magical robot flying dog go against Tanya or Yuri prime.

5. Balance the game so infantries aren't basically obsolete near the end of the game
Infantries are more than just tank track fodder. Tank rushing should not solve everything.

6. Please include Co-Op for single player missions
Growing up, when playing C&C with my friends, we used to fight for control of the mouse. (though that was how we accidentally found out that if you stood an unsellable infantry next to a fence or sandbag in C&C1, you could 'accidentally' sell it when the cursor turns to the dollar sign.) I'd totally love it if there was local/online Co-op for single player.

7. Include tools for easy modding and map enditing with custom units & factions
Among the best memories I have of C&C is creating technicians that shoot artillery shells that give you money when you 'build' them. Lots of personal head canon there. Fun times.

8. Please don't make the game Origin exclusive
I'd be super happy if it would also be available on other platforms such as Steam or GOG. Lots of international players who don't have access to credit cards or can't afford the game if it weren't for the regional pricing scheme. Having it exclusively on Origin would definitely shut out a lot of fans from having access to the game.

My 8 points... As I said, really excited and looking forward to this remake/remaster. Would definitely get my friends from the old days to buy this so we can nostalgize together; especially if most of the points up top were granted! ;)
Then you mean a voxel Engine

DoDoCat

Post by DoDoCat »

There two generations engine:
RA1, CNC1: Sprite Engine

RA2, YR: Sprite&Voxel Engine

So, the next game should be Totally Voxel Engine

Hope EA can do that.

tamirf

Post by tamirf »

Fantastic FMV's with good writing acting and action (RA1 had the best FMV's in a video game imho)!, Long and hard campaigns with at least 14 missions for each faction and maybe even with multiple choices for missions like RA1 (That perhaps lead to different endings/twists, that would be cool!), try to keep the balance between well, thought out and planned strategy and real time action (so it will be fast paced but still require creativeness). and FMV's again!!!

MonkeyWaffles

Post by MonkeyWaffles »

tamirf wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:24 am
Fantastic FMV's with good writing acting and action (RA1 had the best FMV's in a video game imho)!, Long and hard campaigns with at least 14 missions for each faction and maybe even with multiple choices for missions like RA1 (That perhaps lead to different endings/twists, that would be cool!), try to keep the balance between well, thought out and planned strategy and real time action (so it will be fast paced but still require creativeness). and FMV's again!!!
Remastered FMVs for 4K display with improved CGI backgrounds! Keep the cheesy-ness and hammy-ness. It would be like the star wars original trilogy special edition, except han still shot first.

NavyCuda

Post by NavyCuda »

Homeworld remastered was stunning. I played it through once, but didn't get back into the multiplayer. I haven't played it again. When homeworld was new, I played the crap out of it. I want genuine, authentic C&C content based on the C&C I grew up with but I don't want a simple HD rehash to try and suck a couple bucks out of my pocket. The same story with new effects is still the same story.

Make a genuine investment, treat C&C like a true triple A title, build it for modders, gamers and multiplayer servers. Make it original, a labour of love, a skunk works project. Make a fair dollar off it, but make it accessible so it is widely purchased.

tamirf

Post by tamirf »

MonkeyWaffles wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:52 am
tamirf wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:24 am
Remastered FMVs for 4K display with improved CGI backgrounds! Keep the cheesy-ness and hammy-ness. It would be like the star wars original trilogy special edition, except han still shot first.
Exactly! I think this is a huge opportunity to make a C&C that goes back to the simplicity of the first 2 games and their expansion packs, and yet could go through a powerful meaningful plot and make it mainstream again.. IMHO RA1 had one of the best video game plots of all time..and after a recent playthrough I think that plot resonates even more nowadays.

tamirf

Post by tamirf »

I don't really want an Age Of Empires style remaster where it's only reskins, It should be a proper reboot (like Christopher Nolan did with Batman or Brian De Palma did with Scarface). Blowing it out to exactly where it would be if it was released today, but in some ways even more powerful than the original.

ClickForVictory

Post by ClickForVictory »

Hi and a big thank you to EA for starting to restore my faith in the company. By the sounds of things, the most requested games to be remastered are Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 (plus their expansions). I would love it if these were remastered, but if you did I'd hope that EA didn't repeat their mistakes again by rushing the release.

I'd hope that features which were originally planned but later scrapped due to rushed production were included, such as a Forgotten faction in Tiberian Sun that is playable in multiplayer. My other biggest hope is that the Yuri faction would be balanced, perhaps by a reduction in the range of mind control units and the number of enemy units they can control.

Thank you for contacting this community and reading this feedback and the best of luck on making AAA quality C&C remasters.

Demigan

Post by Demigan »

Here's what I want: AN ACTUAL ANSWER TO KANE.

So Kane pretty much drives the tiberian universe and is an enigmatic leader who keeps comming back no matter what. When Tiberian Twillight was announced they said they would resolve Kane's story and finally explain who and what he really was. By the end of the game you still have no answers and actually have a few more questions.

As far as I can tell, Kane seems to be an alien but different from the Scrin. He has lived for hundreds of years and is alluded to having started the whole Kane and Able story in the Bible, so potentially there was another alien with Kane when he ended up on earth who Kane killed for some reason.

What we know (tiberian universe related, Red Alert is probably not canon for tiberian Kane):

Kane was helping humanity develop (and tries to develop them into cyborgs on occasion).
Kane knew about Tiberium before it landed, and knew how to chemically work with it before anyone else giving him a massive share in the world economy
The Tacitus warns of the Scrin, meaning the Tacitus has to be from another alien race (or splinter group). Kane is likely an alien of this race other race, possibly exiled or stranded.
Kane is unnatrually resiliant, much more than the Scrin. The Canon version of the first game is that Kane gets almost directly hit by the Ion canon and somehow survives. He also gets stabbed through and shot.
Kane from after Tiberian Firestorm might actually be Cabal who is seen changing its voice and appearance on screen to Kane's while a Kane in a vat (clone or the surviving real one) is in the foreground. Alternative is that Kane uploaded himself prior to getting hit by the Ion canon and used Cabal's form. Or as is assumed by the wiki Cabal is just an AI and managed to save Kane afterbhe was hit by the Ion canon and when he was stabbed.
More info: http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Kane

So what is he? Where does he come from? Whats his real story? Thats what I want to know from an anniversary version!

draco

Post by draco »

Demigan wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:21 pm

So Kane pretty much drives the tiberian universe and is an enigmatic leader who keeps comming back no matter what. When Tiberian Twillight was announced they said they would resolve Kane's story and finally explain who and what he really was. By the end of the game you still have no answers and actually have a few more questions.

As far as I can tell, Kane seems to be an alien but different from the Scrin. He has lived for hundreds of years and is alluded to having started the whole Kane and Able story in the Bible, so potentially there was another alien with Kane when he ended up on earth who Kane killed for some reason.

What we know (tiberian universe related, Red Alert is probably not canon for tiberian Kane):

Kane was helping humanity develop (and tries to develop them into cyborgs on occasion).
Kane knew about Tiberium before it landed, and knew how to chemically work with it before anyone else giving him a massive share in the world economy
The Tacitus warns of the Scrin, meaning the Tacitus has to be from another alien race (or splinter group). Kane is likely an alien of this race other race, possibly exiled or stranded.
Kane is unnatrually resiliant, much more than the Scrin. The Canon version of the first game is that Kane gets almost directly hit by the Ion canon and somehow survives. He also gets stabbed through and shot.
Kane from after Tiberian Firestorm might actually be Cabal who is seen changing its voice and appearance on screen to Kane's while a Kane in a vat (clone or the surviving real one) is in the foreground. Alternative is that Kane uploaded himself prior to getting hit by the Ion canon and used Cabal's form. Or as is assumed by the wiki Cabal is just an AI and managed to save Kane afterbhe was hit by the Ion canon and when he was stabbed.

So what is he? Where does he come from? Whats his real story? Thats what I want to know from an anniversary version!
I don't know how you still have these questions when they were answered...or I should say the answer is heavily implied he is an alien when he states he has been with humans since they lived in caves or mud huts guiding them or when he says "your all so fragile" at the end of twilight.

**EDIT: there is also the time where he refers to the alien ship as his ship. while that can be explained as denoting his new ownership an it should go to him directly it is a rather odd way of putting it if that is the case**

my question is not what is kane but what is his goal other than advancing technology through tiberium. at the end of twilight he an a mass amount of his followers left the planet by turning the scrin tower into a one way transport system but the question is where to? an since the scrin built these things as mass harvesters the tower presumably took a lot of the tiberium with them. it appears that kane wishes to repopulate an rebuild his species after all nod has done genetic experiments through controlled tiberim exposure an retro-viruses as well as embryonic gene therapy. most assume they are just attempts at creating super soldiers; but what if they were not purely done for creating super soldiers? Kane takes the willing his followers (or sometimes the unwilling) an slowly but surely recreates his species an GDI is in his way.

Demigan

Post by Demigan »

draco wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:32 pm
Demigan wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:21 pm

I don't know how you still have these questions when they were answered...or I should say the answer is heavily implied he is an alien when he states he has been with humans since they lived in caves or mud huts guiding them or when he says "your all so fragile" at the end of twilight.

**EDIT: there is also the time where he refers to the alien ship as his ship. while that can be explained as denoting his new ownership an it should go to him directly it is a rather odd way of putting it if that is the case**

my question is not what is kane but what is his goal other than advancing technology through tiberium. at the end of twilight he an a mass amount of his followers left the planet by turning the scrin tower into a one way transport system but the question is where to? an since the scrin built these things as mass harvesters the tower presumably took a lot of the tiberium with them. it appears that kane wishes to repopulate an rebuild his species after all nod has done genetic experiments through controlled tiberim exposure an retro-viruses as well as embryonic gene therapy. most assume they are just attempts at creating super soldiers; but what if they were not purely done for creating super soldiers? Kane takes the willing his followers (or sometimes the unwilling) an slowly but surely recreates his species an GDI is in his way.
We know he's an alien, but nothing more. How did he get there? Was it exile or did he get stranded or did he try to escape the law of his species? Ehich species did he belong to? Scrin or a different race? Did he really have a "brother" he killed to inspire the Kane and Able story? Whats the real deal with Cabal at the end of Tib Firestorm where he takes on Kane's face and voice if he doesnt come back?

Saying "the answer is he's alien" is like asking "what does it say on Rosetta's stone" and answering with "there's 3 languages on it". Its true but doesnt tell you anything really.

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

KANE LIVES!