Hello and two basic questions

New to the forums and query about destroyed units money and replay time selection

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
alex1984

Hello and two basic questions

Post by alex1984 »

Firstly hello. I'm (you guessed it) Alex. New to this forum today though have been playing Open RA for a few months (RedAlert only at the moment) It seems strange that the game I played in 1996 is the only game I am playing 22 years later!

You may have seen me in some games as Alex1984 or Alexl1984 (I forget which)

Questions
- When you destroy an enemy unit it shows +$500 or whatever value. Does this mean anything? Do you actually get these credits or are they added to your final score

- When viewing a replay, is it possible to drag a slider to say the middle of the replay or near the end of the game? - if not you have to just put the speed on max and wait as I have been doing

Thanks and see you in some games

MustaphaTR

Re: Hello and two basic questions

Post by MustaphaTR »

alex1984 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:26 pm
- When you destroy an enemy unit it shows +$500 or whatever value. Does this mean anything? Do you actually get these credits or are they added to your final score
That is a bounty. A unit gives %10 of its cash to the killer. Tho it is now tied to a lobby option that is disabled by default since release-20180923.
alex1984 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:26 pm
- When viewing a replay, is it possible to drag a slider to say the middle of the replay or near the end of the game? - if not you have to just put the speed on max and wait as I have been doing
No, there is no such slider. Using max speed till you get where you want is indeed the best option.

alex1984

Post by alex1984 »

Thanks and yes, i see the lobby option now

alex1984

Post by alex1984 »

Instead of creating another thread - Do the different countries have different strengths (other than different units / abilities) e.g. I remember reading that Russia had +10% strength whilst Ukraine were 10% cheaper units & structures

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

No, this was not implemented in OpenRA, I'd assume for competitive balancing reasons.

alex1984

Post by alex1984 »

Cheers - Yes, certainly seems fairer for balancing reasons