Map Design Contest 2018 - Popular Vote

Vote is closed! Standby for results

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
netnazgul

Re: Map Design Contest 2018 - Popular Vote

Post by netnazgul »

Ok, on the second thought the deadline for public voting doesn't need any more extension, so I take it back, and the vote is closed. The clarification request still stands though

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

The numbers on my post were intended to correspond to number of points awarded, to clarify:

Dendrophobia - 1 point
Neighbours - 2 points
Beyond Destruction - 3 points

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

Balls, had it in my head voting was finished tonight. But that was last night. Tried to post something earlier today, but guess it didn't go through as my connection was horendous at work site i'm on, made sure to clipboard it just incase though.

For pure map editors sake, yet i know it won't be counted:

I tried to play through all the maps, unfortunately i missed a few due to work constraints, so apologies to the authors about that. I think my chosen 3 are all worthy of 3pts and are equal in ranking, but sadly i'll choose the following.

I think CRLF's TD map is worth a mention as it looks really smart and has detail. But i'm not a big TD player atm so it's hard to judge for me.

3pts: Shared Responsibility.
I feel this map pulled off a concept that's been unfavoured for a while. I think it plays nicely, and is different to what the other maps can offer. The aesthetics of it trump a few other maps i feel and this could be a good RAGL map, even if it got included as a wild card map.

2pts: Tanya's Gambit.
While i think it's due some tweaks, these fun maps i do favour. Excellent concept and i'd love to see this kind of play be more common on openra.

1pts: Sacrifice.
Love the new units. The balance is off, but the coolness of the units shines through. The map change decision was a good idea and the map plays alright.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

SirCake wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:31 pm
Materianer wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:52 am
1. Lesson in Arrakis
But … why ?^^ It isn't even finished, concerning the mission. Did you maybe confuse something? ;)
Because i liked the look of it, i was unsure if i take Mercenaries 8b or Lesson in Arrakis so i take Mercenaries 8b now :P

So here is my new LIST

1. (3 Points) Mercenaries 8b

2. (2 Points) Tanya's Gambit

3. (1 Point) Undisturbed

Thx ;)

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

noobmapmaker wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:47 pm
1 Point - Bloodasis - really like the looks of this, such detail!
Thx

To all others:
Burn in Magma :evil:

https://resource.openra.net/maps/28733/

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

I had to quit my judge position for not having time. I still took a bit to overlook the map list and i think it's very cool.

One concept i found is very very good is this one :

-"Rebuildable": Can be destroyed, resting ownership and leaving a husk that is invulnerable and capturable (40 sec) and transform back to a Technology Centre.

Should be considered to be applicable to neutral structures in all competitive map. At least a test version to see how it can affect gameplay and engenner's role if it is the unit able to "revive" the structure.