Hijacking husks

Could hijackers capture husks like mechanics?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
maceman

Hijacking husks

Post by maceman »

Just throwing the idea out there. In original RA husks weren't capturable so it wouldn't make the game less pure. But i was thinking, could hijackers be given the ability to capture husks like mechanics can?

Mechanics would still have their unique ability to repair broken vehicles, and hijackers would still have their unique ability to semi-stealth and hijack, so it maintains the asymetric balance, but it gives hijackers a bit more use, and removes an unfair part of the game where allies can recover an mcv husk but soviets can't.

:? :stressed: :z

Inq

Re: Hijacking husks

Post by Inq »

In the original husks didn’t exist...

If he did hijack husks instead surely he would be a “Salvager” not a “Hijacker”

camundahl

Post by camundahl »

i think husks should be captureable by engineer but mech needs to be limited to just repairing vehicles

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

I double that idea ^ Works better balance-wise also. And "Hijacker" might be removed/given another role.

maceman

Post by maceman »

Wouldnt just hijack husks. Would also hijack live vehicles.

Engis sounds interesting but i prefer the idea of using the hijacker and mechanic. Partially because i like to see their special abilities being used in game. Partially because i hate the idea of someone producing engis for this, and having a mass of engis, then more sneaky caps taking place.

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

I think the idea floated about before in another topic discussing them. I like this idea more because the hijacker is fun. Also saves rebalance of the engi and removal of a unit.

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

I second giving the hijacker the ability to recapture husks, gives them a modicum of usefulness while we wait for the hijacker/dog logic rework :D
The engineer already has several use cases besides capturing derricks. Repairing a con yard in a pinch is super useful, and sneak captures are a powerful tool!