Masters level player for tutorial map wanted

Are you interested in helping other players improve?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
SirCake

Masters level player for tutorial map wanted

Post by SirCake »

Hi,
me and Frenzy had the idea of creating a map which would teach noob to medium skill level players how to play competitively. How to improve their skill.
Now, unfortunately Frenzy doesn't have time to continue so I'd ask any master level player (or of comparable skill) who preferrably has no other obligations like streaming or modding or managing RAGL if you'd want to help me with that.

I have a scripted map framework ready (certainy not perfect yet) which displays text messages to players on certain conditions or timings, can place beacons etc.
Two learners can then play 1v1 on this map and get automated and individual tips how to improve their play.

You would only need to know EXCEL or similar to create the tutorial (no coding experience), and we would develop the map further, together. You would provide the expertise what has to be done when in a match, and what to avoid, common mistakes and winning strategies; you would write the messages displayed.

I you want, we can also do voiced messages (your voice), but thats totally up to you.

I hope there is someone who is interested to start working on that right away :)

People I had in mind: Kazu, Orb, Barf, Gatekeeper, Unano, Eskimo (just a bunch of names on my mind)

Cheers

Check out Dune2k-Advanced on my moddb page!

maceman

Post by maceman »

Sounds like a nice idea and would love to help but I'm pretty tied up at the moment with TDGL / Abarrats 2v2 thingy / RAGL and some other stuff. Spend too much time doing OpenRA stuff already :p

anjew

Post by anjew »

I'd be more than willing to help out if you cant get anyone better

Message me here or memers.club on discord if you're interested

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QAI ... sp=sharing

This holds everything a new player needs to know before they start freethinking. Dissect it at your will.

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

@Anjew you managed to stay in masters for 3 seasons already :D Should be good!
I'd be glad to have you on board :)

Communicating 14000 km across the globe, crossing 8 timezones is a challenge though ^^
Lets see if we can arrange it on discord..

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

Sounds like a cool idea. Sadly i'm struggling with getting my normal games in atm currently. But may be interested in the future, after RAGL etc

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Yes.. time is of the essence... ;)

Gatekeeper

Post by Gatekeeper »

Well this sounds interesting!

My late(-ish) reply is cuz I dont check the forums often, but if you want to get some help you could easily contact me on Discord!

I dont know for sure what kind of specific missions you want developed, but I could maybe help with creating medium-high skill exercises, such as army control (tanks+inf skirmishes, where you get forced to put tanks infront of inf, focusfire, crush with vehicles, etc. To get the upperhand) And certain micro exercises (moving hinds/rangers through enemies fog of war, focusfiring pillboxes on incoming infblobs with rockets)

Some basic stuff and some more advanced. Idk where the limits lie between my imagination and the practical apliance of code, but I think we could work something out^^

Also I am busy with RL alot, so if you do want to work together dont expect this thing to be done in one or two weeks...
But I will reserve some space in the back of my mind for the project ;)

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Hey, those are some excellent ideas, though out of scope of the tutorial map I imagine.
It's more like a teacher behind your back, whipping your hands every time you do something a pro player would not (/forget) (to do quickly) ;);P

Those ideas are totally doable. I guess we could call those "Training Missions" or "Excercise Maps". Had a yak micro training mission in mind for a long time ...^^

I will focus my efforts on completing the tutorial mission with Anjew first though. You're welcome to review the map once in a while.

Check out Dune2k-Advanced on my moddb page!