V2 bug/issue

how did nobody noticed ?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
WhoCares

V2 bug/issue

Post by WhoCares »

Ok, maybe i'll make a fool out of myself but recently lost a lot of V2 that ran into the enemy's army for no reason and most of the time out of an amove.

So to be sure of the behaviour i ran a little test in debug mode (replay posted below) and ...

tadaaaa

V2 now behave like that

V2 armed : Amove , move to the first target in range + sight and fire the rocket, as soon the target is dead, the V2 will proceed to the Amove point until the relaod his complete and WILL NOT reaquire target before having a new rocket ready.

Amove with a relaoding V2 : same it will proceed to the amove point and will not quire target before having his rocket ready again.

That totally fucked up because you cannot amove V2 anymore in engagement without having them running into the enemy's blob as soon their target his dead ....

I would like to know if it's a new feature of a unwanted bug and plz fix that :D
Attachments
OpenRA-2018-03-08T145251Z.orarep
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 214 times

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

Can confirm, it's certainly something new or at least something that wasn't that consistent before

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

Filed an issue for this one, feel free to contribute https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/14921

IronScion

Post by IronScion »

Yes thanks Whocares, I knew my V2s had been charging into battle on A-move and was totally perplexed that no one had brought it up.
"Each denomination in the new series of banknotes will feature a different species of Australian wattle" - Mint Spokesman

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

I found they shoot off their load then go kamikazee in. Somebody needs to remind them they do re-arm and don't need to do this.

IronScion

Post by IronScion »

Well recall that in the past they would get uncontrollable shakes before loading up for their next round. Maybe they sought some kind of therapy to control the fear but it worked too well.
"Each denomination in the new series of banknotes will feature a different species of Australian wattle" - Mint Spokesman

maceman

Post by maceman »

Yea, same thing has happened for me - a-move v2s and they just go in and die.

Jur

Post by Jur »

I was talking about that on discord or some stream chat, but people said that there is nothing wrong with V2s.

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

Turned out there is :P Sometimes one needs to be more persistent in this community.

Anyway, the fix is already merged into bleed https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/14926 . Having a release/playtest for that is going to take a while, but it can be map-fixed as it is a yaml change - I've checked that it works here: https://resource.openra.net/maps/26261/

Likely that RAGL maps will have this fix implemented as well. Doesn't break anything and won't mess any future releases if V2RL range is not changed.

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

Sadly, like most other bugs i've found my playing around them. Eg, not A moving V2s but firing with them and then moving back.

Wish the moving chrono/IC bug could be fixed. Or the have special weapons fixed to a specific key

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

special weapons fixed to a specific key
!!!