deleted

deleted

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
lawANDorder

deleted

Post by lawANDorder »

deleted
Last edited by lawANDorder on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

I like the idea of having pre-defined sets that lock the options, should be a huge relief for most players. And an exceptionally good thing is that you will right away see whether it's custom setup or any of those pre-defined. Servers might also have an ease for setup, or may even be locked to competitive settings if desired (like RAGL/TDGL servers)

zinc

Post by zinc »

Would competitive be explored map or not?

Also for original... Fog of war isn't exactly authentic to the original, but it might be thought to be not too far off regrowth of shroud. (Which isn't itself an option.) So fog of war or not?

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

zinc wrote: Would competitive be explored map or not?

Also for original... Fog of war isn't exactly authentic to the original, but it might be thought to be not too far off regrowth of shroud. (Which isn't itself an option.) So fog of war or not?
Explored map on

lawANDorder

Post by lawANDorder »

deleted
Last edited by lawANDorder on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Hey, I don't like this Idea.
The checkboxes are simple enough to understand
and especially your competitive category may change quickly (see ragl 1 (masters shroud on, minions and lower shroud off), ragl 2 (shroud off)) and all of the categories likely will not be consistent troughout all mods. Not worth adding.

Check out Dune2k-Advanced on my moddb page!

zinc

Post by zinc »

Not sure about the point of "authentic" really. But it may be useful if you could just look to see it say "standard game" settings, or "competitive".