Engi capture of a barracks

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
zinc

Engi capture of a barracks

Post by zinc »

Assuming that your enemy only has 1 barracks, what are the results of trying to capture it? So the engi is locked on, and in the process of capturing it.

Can troops still come out of the barracks?

Can you still produce a pill box, when the barracks are normally needed for production of such things?

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

Production is blocked and you cant build pillboxes.

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

Happy wrote: Production is blocked and you cant build pillboxes.
Can build pillboxes*

avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

AMHOL wrote:
Happy wrote: Production is blocked and you cant build pillboxes.
Can build pillboxes*
Yea i was going to say.. I'm pretty sure you CAN build pillboxes. Was going to test so I could be 100% sure before saying anything but never got around to it.

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

You CAN build pillboxes while your only barracks get captured, because pillboxes are built by Construction Yard, and you still have the prerequisite (barracks are still yours). You cannot however build infantry out of it, because it's blocked. But currently produced unit production is not on hold, and once you get rid of the engie - it will pop up.

Removing the prerequisites (i.e. not allowing Tier3 units while your only TC is blocked by engie) as well as blocking the production queue is an interesting idea, but I suppose it was already discussed before.

avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

netnazgul wrote: You CAN build pillboxes while your only barracks get captured, because pillboxes are built by Construction Yard, and you still have the prerequisite (barracks are still yours). You cannot however build infantry out of it, because it's blocked. But currently produced unit production is not on hold, and once you get rid of the engie - it will pop up.

Removing the prerequisites (i.e. not allowing Tier3 units while your only TC is blocked by engie) as well as blocking the production queue is an interesting idea, but I suppose it was already discussed before.
I think removing the prerequisites would be too much. I think the current rules you described are fine the way it is. The logic you laid out was crystal clear... the building still belongs to the owner until the time of capture so any tech it provides should remain available until the building is completely captured.

So just to clarify the only thing you didn't touch on... If the player has 2 Barracks, but lets say the engineer is capturing his "primary building selected" barracks.. will the infantry then come out of the next available barracks the player owns?

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

avalach21 wrote: If the player has 2 Barracks, but lets say the engineer is capturing his "primary building selected" barracks.. will the infantry then come out of the next available barracks the player owns?
This would work exactly the same as blocking the exit of primary production building - your units will pop out of any other available one (I'd assume that would be the newest one you own). You can easily test this behaviour in debug mode by setting instant build time and building lots of vehicles at once.