Anyone Play Forged Battalion ?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

Played Forged Battalion?

Yes - It's awesome
No votes
Yes - it's ok but needs some work
No votes
Yes - it's awful
No votes
No - but I want to
33%
No - I have no interest
67%

Total votes: 9

avalach21

Anyone Play Forged Battalion ?

Post by avalach21 »

I assume the majority of us here are fans of Westwood since they originally created all these great games we are playing recreated via OpenRA. I've been getting bombarded with ads over the weekend that Forged Battalion is now in early-access so I was wondering if anyone has played/ is thinking about playing it.

I was a diehard Westwood fan so I was ecstatic when I heard that many of the members were going to reform under Petroglyph. I've also been a huge fan of Star Wars growing up so I was extremely excited for Empire at War. Honestly, to me, the game was a bit of a disappointment.. I never really got hooked. Definitely not a bad game but I think it missed a bit of its potential.

I also tried Universe at War and Grey Goo and again they were decent games but didn't capture the magic in the way that the classic C&Cs did.

8-bit armies was a bit of fun I guess but at the same time I'd rather just play OpenRA..

I'd really like Petroglyph to make something that captures the imagination in the same way the original C&C games were able to decades ago.

So I guess back to the original topic, has anyone played Forged Battalion? What are your thoughts? Also feel free to comment on any other Petroglyph games if you'd like. Sorry if this isn't the proper place to post this kind of thread, but every other discussion board here looks to be dead since 2014..

maceman

Post by maceman »

I used to play Rise of Immortals A LOT by Petroglyph before they mothballed it and shut down the servers. They haven't really brought anything else out since which I've really liked though :(. Grey Goo unfortunately didn't work out.

By the way - I don't think it's Westwood - it was just started by *some* of the people that used to work at Westwood.

Edit: Just looked at Forged Battalion, and it looks a bit like Battle Battalions which I tried and didn't really get into (small squad for each player which respawns - no base building etc). Really wish they would bring Rise of Immortals back, because it was such an underrated game.