Should MAD Tanks be allowed to chronoshift?

video included

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

Should MAD Tanks be allowed to Chronoshift?

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 13

avalach21

Should MAD Tanks be allowed to chronoshift?

Post by avalach21 »

So I was spectating this match the other day and witnessed this awesome & hilarious moment. 5 MAD tanks where chronoed + iron curtained into this dudes base and they all went off simultaneously and literally demolished his entire base instantaneously:

https://vimeo.com/250203913

hahah it was hilarious but seriously.. what can you possibly do against that? They went off with the power of like 10 nuclear bombs. Currently, demo trucks are not able to be chronoshifted, so I am wondering if MAD tanks should also be added to that list?

It's kind of a bummer since they are used so infrequently as it is, but geeze this is just absurd.

zinc

Post by zinc »

Do hijackers work as a counter?

The only other counter would be to Chrono them out of there, which probably soon becomes impossible as they spread out. And you can iron curtain to defend but that will only protect a small amount of your base.

You could maybe make the argument that if the other team are teching up, and building 5 MAD tanks, you should be doing something yourself in that time which gives you every chance of winning regardless.

Also, if you take away Chrono then presumably you have to take away iron curtain ability for them, the same as demo trucks. It will be undermining a little used unit as it is.

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

I'd say that was awesome. MAD tanks are one of favourite units but they just aren't that great of a return in most instances.

You need to take into account the time and money invested into it vs something else. A transport IC'd with a few demos would of had the same effect here i feel, which saves the chrono investment which could be used to chrono an MCV over after.

anjew

Post by anjew »

That move is what RA is all about. Pretty sure it was possible in the originals too. This kind of thing can only be done in 2v2+ unless there is an MCV capture and each MAD tank takes 48 seconds to build so thats 4 minutes to build 5.

Its kind of easy to counter if everyone is late game.