FORCE FIRE ON CAMOBOX

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Hodor

Post by Hodor »

camopillbox forces you to aproach with tank, because inf and v2 are useless. game breaking enough for me.
jaZz_KCS wrote:
Hodor wrote: cant understand why there have been so many patches but that shit isnt still fixed.
Ha....haha....ha. Good one. You probably also have no knowledge about how the development works 'round here.

There is (almost) always a very good reason why a new release does NOT fix a certain aspect.
Then tell me your very good reason. And share your knowledge about dev. I want to know it.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

Hodor wrote: Then tell me your very good reason. And share your knowledge about dev. I want to know it.
hmm i assume you didn't read abcdefg30's post ...
abcdefg30 wrote: The fix is unfortunately not trivial and we're low on manpower anyway. Progress towards reviving OpenRA/OpenRA#13363 has been made in OpenRA/OpenRA#13995.
Maybe you can imagine, when you klick on the github PR's, that it doesn't seem to be so easy to fix this bug.
Please don't forget that this is open source software and the developers doing this in they'r freetime getting no cash for they'r work or so.
Putting such unpleasant pressure on them with such threads and always complaining about minor bugs and so-called unbalances doesn't really help finding new ones and keeping them.
You must know that it is not always so easy to fix such stuff.

Hodor

Post by Hodor »

Materianer wrote:
Hodor wrote: Then tell me your very good reason. And share your knowledge about dev. I want to know it.
hmm i assume you didn't read abcdefg30's post ...
abcdefg30 wrote: The fix is unfortunately not trivial and we're low on manpower anyway. Progress towards reviving OpenRA/OpenRA#13363 has been made in OpenRA/OpenRA#13995.
Maybe you can imagine, when you klick on the github PR's, that it doesn't seem to be so easy to fix this bug.
Please don't forget that this is open source software and the developers doing this in they'r freetime getting no cash for they'r work or so.
Putting such unpleasant pressure on them with such threads and always complaining about minor bugs and so-called unbalances doesn't really help finding new ones and keeping them.
i fully understand and accept that.

maceman

Post by maceman »

Materianer wrote: Putting such unpleasant pressure on them with such threads and always complaining about minor bugs and so-called unbalances doesn't really help finding new ones and keeping them.
Just and idea but could it be worth making a sticky thread that says how to see if a bug has been reported, and how to report it otherwise?

This could help prevent threads being created where they're just reporting a bug that's already known, and encourage bugs being reported that you guys aren't already aware of?

anjew

Post by anjew »

maceman wrote: -snip-
The forum is seldom used to report bugs. Even the guy who made this thread wasn't reporting a bug. Bugs are usually reported via Gtihub and all known bugs should have an issue. The best way to find if the bug has been found before is: https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues

A template for bug report could be made though, would make the process more effecient

zinc

Post by zinc »

Happy wrote: Yaks and planes disapearing off the map

Has this problem suddenly been created by the new release? I thought they fixed this issue previously, but with the new release I think I have noticed some strange stuff with yaks.

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

there is still an issue with planes when airfield is built on the bottomside of the map https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz-ggOLgKUw
but at least they don't disappear now, just drift towards the map.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

anjew wrote: A template for bug report could be made though, would make the process more effecient
We have a bug report for that: #13774.

zinc

Post by zinc »

Until they are fixed, maybe switch the camo pillbox over to France only, as someone suggested a while back. You wouldn't see them as much obviously.