Clan Wars

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
KOYK_GR

Clan Wars

Post by KOYK_GR »

Hi all i have an idea, lets make a clan war!

The Rules:

Each clan will earn points by playing against other clans in team games.

Each victory will add 1 point to the clan score.

The clan that gathers the most points on a
month will get the title "Veteran", then the score of the month will reset for each clan, but the clan that earned the veteran status will get 1 score point.

So at the end of the year the clan with the most Veteran score points will be nominated with the title of "elite".

There will be no limit for monthly battles.

Each clan can have its own rules for joining.

Clan wars can be start at any given time and on any map if both clans agree.

Multiple clans can get to fight on the same battle and the surviving clan will get points equal to the number of defeated clans(who finishes whom doesn't count).

Each clan can have a leader or representative or a completely anarchy system, or any in-clan rank system it wants.

If there is an argument about who won a battle, a replay of the battle will be used as a proof.

After each battle both clans must inform the officials about the outcome.

There will be a modded map called "homebase", each clan can challenge an other clan to fight there, if the other clan agrees will be the defending clan, the map will favor the defending clan with extra starting buildings: power plant and refinery. And a good starting position.

The wining clan on the homebase will get 2 monthly points, while the losing clan will lose 2 of its monthly points.
(so homebase battles can be used to sabotage the score of other clans)

The idea of no limited battles is to promote the most active players in openra. so get active or bring your friends and win!

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

MIght need some polish, but overall a pretty nice idea. At the risk of sounding like a broken record: if we had useraccounts where those clans would show, then it probably would be more interesting. As it could be prestigious to have a certain clan-emblem on your page. But it should be possible to do without as well.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

KOYK_GR

Post by KOYK_GR »

noobmapmaker wrote: MIght need some polish, but overall a pretty nice idea.
Can you be more specific? is the homebase is int it? :p
noobmapmaker wrote: At the risk of sounding like a broken record: if we had useraccounts where those clans would show, then it probably would be more interesting.
Well from what i understand RAGL has a wining price, so what if instead of using that money for the tournament, donate them for a bounty to make a more tournament kind of in-game lobby? for player and clan ranks ect. I mean its not that we don't do tournaments.

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

noobmapmaker wrote: At the risk of sounding like a broken record: if we had useraccounts where those clans would show, then it probably would be more interesting.
I am aware of
TD | GDave
CD | ZxGanon
MW | Flamewheel

Anyway recruiting for clan MAFIA.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

COG

Class on keepofftheGrass2 if anyone gets the fantasy football reference

maceman

Post by maceman »

Doomsday wrote:
noobmapmaker wrote: TD | GDave
CD | ZxGanon
MW | Flamewheel.
Arent they just the games the play? Tib Dawn / Cryst Doom / Med Warfare?

Clan matches sound good, although about user accounts - not sure there is anything stopping people putting a clan tag in their name already.

Only thing that might need some polish is the scoring system, because if i read it right, to win in a month, a clan just needs to grind lots of matches against clans they think they can beat, instead of being encouraged to tackle the big boys. Maybe an ELO based system would be good? But hard to put in place and would prob need an account system to work well I guess.

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

What a lineup RIP everyone
Attachments
digital.JPG
digital.JPG (19.75 KiB) Viewed 6591 times