Lorrydriver's Stream

Every Friday 6 pm UTC

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

For me the stream didn't lag and neither did the VOD apart from occasional freeze maybe every 5 minutes.

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

Basically this:
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/ho ... tch.15254/
Either stream in 720p 2000kbps, or buy premium / apply for partnership, or have a huge count of people who watch your stream so that you get partnership automatically (edit: actually under the link it's said that 10+ viewers on a video activate quality control option).
720p is not a bad option actually as not much is lost (game played in FullHD and streamed in 720p is still readable, only some small texts can become garbled), but stream is significally lighter and easier to watch on low-profile internet bandwidth.

Lorrydriver

Post by Lorrydriver »

Yeah, multiple options are only available for twitch partners, but I'll lower the quality to 720p for the next stream. I wasn't aware of that problem before, I'm sorry :x

Raishiwi

Post by Raishiwi »

netnazgul wrote: Basically this:
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/ho ... tch.15254/
Either stream in 720p 2000kbps, or buy premium / apply for partnership, or have a huge count of people who watch your stream so that you get partnership automatically (edit: actually under the link it's said that 10+ viewers on a video activate quality control option).
720p is not a bad option actually as not much is lost (game played in FullHD and streamed in 720p is still readable, only some small texts can become garbled), but stream is significally lighter and easier to watch on low-profile internet bandwidth.
He will make affiliate within a month or 2 if he streams consistently. Affiliate is different than a partnership but basically shares the same rewards. The whole 10+ viewer thing isn't really that accurate anymore. It's the top 5000 non partnered streams, and so many more people that stream nowadays boosts that required active number to about 50 viewers. 720p at 60fps is the way to go in most games, although openRA isn't a CPU hog like a lot of games.

Wippie

Post by Wippie »

This was a damn good stream, giving lots of 1v1 tactical and gameplay information. Keep up the good work!

JOo

Post by JOo »

Oh well , i checked the vods on my gf's mac ... and they are fine there ... needless to say that her mac has more power then my crappy old laptop

just need new gear , still :D

Lorrydriver

Post by Lorrydriver »

Hey, I'll be streaming today at 4pm UTC. www.twitch.tv/lorrydriverora

kazu and I are going to get some practice in for tomorrow's big matches, so we'll not only play 1vs1 but also some team games.
However, it's probably going to be difficult to find 2on2 matches that will prepare us for Smitty and Barf, so we might have to play against more than 2 players.

Make sure to join us and find out whether we'll bite off more than we can chew. :D

Lorrydriver

Post by Lorrydriver »

Next stream is going to be on Friday September 1, 6 pm UTC.
I'll mostly be playing 1vs1 in order to become unbeatable for RAGL Season 4.

It also seems as if there are more quality options for my stream available already eventhough I'm not affiliated yet. That means you can even watch it on your cell phones etc.

I certainly would like to stream more than once per week, but I'll definitely stream every Friday 6 pm UTC from now on.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Great! Added you to the regular broadcast list.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

Thanks for the streams Lorry, gutted that I can't join in now I'm in Australia but I moved here to change my lifestyle and that's what I intend to do, I really enjoy watching the VoDs tho.

3.Lucian

Post by 3.Lucian »

AMHOL, where in aus?

anjew

Post by anjew »

3.Lucian wrote: AMHOL, where in aus?
He's in WA so its not really Australia.
AMHOL wrote: gutted that I can't join in now I'm in Australia
The internet isn't that bad here :p

JOo

Post by JOo »

so when does the stream start today ?

Online right now

Lorrydriver

RAGL Lorrydriver vs Smitty

Post by Lorrydriver »

Hey,

I'm gonna stream my match against Smitty tomorrow. 3:30 pm UTC.

Lorrydriver

Post by Lorrydriver »

Hey guys, I've been thinking about how I could provide more educational content for RA and I've come up with an idea.

I'll offer an 1-hour coaching session to my subscribers, of course I'd prefer to stream those coaching sessions as well, but in case someone doesn't want it to be streamed that's fine as well. It's still Subtember on twitch so subs 50% off.
My first streamed coaching session will be with Raishiwi on Sunday.

Today's stream will be a 1vs1 Thunderdome stream, but I might take a look at some RAGL replays as well. 6 pm UTC