Hd sprites pack[s]?

Any hd packs?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Chaython

Hd sprites pack[s]?

Post by Chaython »

Hd sprites pack? Everything is so low res and aliased make the game good looking!

avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

Zoom out? Disable Pixel doubling? lol

zinc

Post by zinc »

How difficult would it be to increase the resolution and--keeping to the original designs more or less--add in increased detail?

zinc

Post by zinc »

If you could give the game a pollish it's not a bad idea. But I'm guessing not so easy to do?

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Its not easy to do. At all. All the dev team has are finished sprites and no 3D models or animations. Sprites are a series of pictures which represent a unit in the game. An infantry unit has about 150-200 pictures in its sprite file.

So the only reasonable way to do a HD pack is to
1) remake all models in a 3D program and render them so they look EXACTLY as in the original
2) Animate every action a unit can possibly do in the 3D program
3) write a custom mod for OpenRA that takes account of the altered HD sprite sizes

Which is a shit fucking ton ridiculous ammount of work and the reason that "Remastered" games like starcraft 1 Remastered or Age of Empires 1 Remastered will cost about 15$ even though the games are 20 years old.

I think someone is working on it for the RA mod, nevertheless - so be very very very patient (years) or enjoy the nostalgic pixely look of OpenRA.

Check out Dune2k-Advanced on my moddb page!

IronScion

Post by IronScion »

It's a beautiful looking game
"Each denomination in the new series of banknotes will feature a different species of Australian wattle" - Mint Spokesman

avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

IronScion wrote: It's a beautiful looking game
haha the game IS beautiful as is.. As I said.. just zoom out (disable pixel doubling) and everything looks less pixelated and the game is "HD" . To further enhance this effect, get a 2k or 4k display :-)

Inq

Post by Inq »

Like Cake said:

It's loads of work.

Someone started a HD C&C/reimage years ago, never finished, you can still see pics on ModDB.

Easier to immerse yourself in nostalgia & enjoy the retro sprites. :P

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

Actually, warman is working on a HD RA mod, you can find images on IRC Logs.

http://logs.openra.net/?search=warman