multi-user LAN setup

LAN

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Chief_rocka

multi-user LAN setup

Post by Chief_rocka »

im trying to connect my pc to my laptop via the same network over the directIP but it fails to connect after a second.i need to connect a couple pc's to the same LAN server over one network but i cant connect two pc's together.

corrode

Post by corrode »

This can have really a lot of reasons. First of all, check Firewalls on both Computers and maybe deactivate for testing. If both PC got same IP range and no special settings it should work. Where do you get the IP adress from? Make sure to take the "LAN"-IP and not "internet"-IP.

Greez!

anjew

Post by anjew »

corrode wrote: This can have really a lot of reasons. First of all, check Firewalls on both Computers and maybe deactivate for testing. If both PC got same IP range and no special settings it should work. Where do you get the IP adress from? Make sure to take the "LAN"-IP and not "internet"-IP.
Greez!
You can always trying using "localhost" as the ip and make sure the port is correct

Chief_rocka

Post by Chief_rocka »

anjew wrote:
corrode wrote: This can have really a lot of reasons. First of all, check Firewalls on both Computers and maybe deactivate for testing. If both PC got same IP range and no special settings it should work. Where do you get the IP adress from? Make sure to take the "LAN"-IP and not "internet"-IP.
Greez!
You can always trying using "localhost" as the ip and make sure the port is correct
ive tried both of these

Chief_rocka

Post by Chief_rocka »

everytime i try to connect either computer together i get"could not connect to localhost:1234 server not responding"