Dune 2k Advanced Mod/Maps

D2kA mod maps released for OpenRA 20171014!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
SirCake

Dune 2k Advanced Mod/Maps

Post by SirCake »

Hey guys,

since I have been making considerable progress with my Dune 2k Advanced (D2kA) mod recently and thus feel confident I can finish it in some reasonable time - I decided to make it official and put it on moddb. :)

[align=center]Image[/align]

It currently consists "only" of four maps, but those are heavily modded and expand a lot on the d2k content. This also means you needn't install anything, just download the maps and play.

I'm working on two more maps and have plans for a tournament with them in the foreseeable future.

In the mean time you can join me (hopefuly every) Thursdays 18:00-21:00 UTC for some open d2k. Updates on that also on the moddb page!

Cheers,
SirCake
Last edited by SirCake on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Check out Dune2k-Advanced on my moddb page!

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Hi Guys!

I am happy to announce another mission is done for my D2kA mod. You can play this mission with vanilla d2k, just download "War of Assassins" and start playing.

This mission is spotlighting the reworked Elite infantry for Ordos (Saboteur, Guild Agent) and Harkonnen(Sardaukar, Assassin) in a mission which is played Player vs Player.
I will be online today (like every thursday), starting with this post and up to 3-4 hours later, so if you want to try this mission out, join me in the d2k lobby!

I originaly wanted to do a other mission, but I felt that all the changes i was introducing were too overwhelming - so I designed this as a quick interemdiate mission. Have fun!
This also means the next mission is just around the corner ;)
For more maps like this check out my moddb page.

Last edited by SirCake on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Awesome work!
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

Finally, some long overdue respect is given to this neglected mod. Nice work!
RAGL -->Replay Archive<--

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

I'm happy to announce the next [VsMis] map is nearing completion. Today I have a working BETA version with me. It can be played multiplayer 1v1 or 2v2!

It's a big map with a lot of conent, all in the frame of a versus-mission. Multiple secondary Mission objectives, new units, upgrades and custom sprites!

Download the map and Join me today (now or the next 3 hours) in the d2k lobby if you want to try!
EDIT: Performance issues resolved!

Here are some impressions from the map:

A small base to be captured:

Spies gathering information:

Long-Ranging artillery shots and some new units in combat:

D2K-HYYPE!

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

(^Dune Movie Poster)

Just a quick update:
My latest modmap "Mutual Treason" is now in 1.0-Version state, which means it has now all the features I want it to have! Those are

In the mission you start small, with a couple of units but get access to the complete tech-tree quickly by exploring the map and by fulfilling various mission objectives. The technology is a bit different from standard since it uses my D2kA rules.

One player of each team plays the main faction and the other has a supporting role.
Both teams have mission objectives which they must achieve, and support and main players even have different mission objectives!

Use this to obliterate the opposing team:
* Six new, seven faction specific replacement and five altered light, infantry, heavy, starport and aircraft units.
* Two new building upgrades and a passive palace bonus.
* notable balance changes: dramatic artillery range increase, no build time reduction for multiple production structures.

As every week i hope you will join me on Thursdays 1800-2100UTC to test-play this map or just for some d2k fun.
I also heard that on weekends there are some d2k players around, so i will also skulk around in the d2k lobby this weekend ;)

SirCake

D2kA mod features complete!

Post by SirCake »

All planned features for my Dune2k mod are complete now.
Three new maps available!
* playable with standard d2k installed in the standard d2k lobby
* balanced 1v1
* full techtree
* THREE NEW SUPERWEAPONS
Join me tomorrow (Thursdays) 18:00-21:00 UTC in the d2k lobby to try them out!

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Hey, in two hours or so my Dune2k Advanced map pack launches on moddb :)
Make sure to get it!

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Hey, I don't know if I can make it on time today. Hopefully you guys can start D2k Thursday without me ;) I will likely join in later in the evening..