Toxic community.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Your best bet is to claim a server as host and enforcing the rules. A bit harder to do on public servers but if you can host one you can kick whomever and weed out slowly. If they jump back in saying why? Then tell them why and kick again. Only way they will learn.

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

If you're new, try the 1vs1 with the right persons, you'll see it with a different angle.

I'm very interested in team game, but the real stuff (not what you just described) so I'm going throught the 1vs1 to improve myself and master the game and meet the players that will be my future teammates and opponents (you just don't know it yet people,but I'm watching you !) in serious multiplayer games.

As for now, i'm avoiding that like plague I prefere waiting 20 min for an opponent in 1V1 than facing the atrocity of a public multiplayer game.

And btw, as far as I know, all the people your discribing, they don't come here. So you made a whole post well written to people that already share your point of view (sadly). I would not say that it was pointless because it made me laught and i think several people on this forum.

WhoCares

AmericanBlunt_

Post by AmericanBlunt_ »

I have a long history of hosting big team battles and they are a great feat to organize but the boot feature works nicely. A player can't seem to select the right team, boot. Won't ready up in time for a game, boot. Bad ping, boot. Inattentivness, boot. You don't need these type of players as they slow the game down. More then likely another player will fill a spot sooner the later.

r0b0v

Post by r0b0v »

There are 2 requests being reviewed to help with large team games - Host can change Team and Spawn of any player, Show team arrangement in lobby, maybe others.

What do you think about them? Do you have other ideas to improve lobby for team games?
Attachments
LobbyTeamArrangement.png
LobbyTeamArrangement.png (50.83 KiB) Viewed 5570 times
HostCanChangeTeamAndSpawn.jpg
HostCanChangeTeamAndSpawn.jpg (15.61 KiB) Viewed 5570 times

GeneralMelon_gone

Post by GeneralMelon_gone »

r0b0v wrote: There are 2 requests being reviewed to help with large team games - Host can change Team and Spawn of any player, Show team arrangement in lobby, maybe others.

What do you think about them? Do you have other ideas to improve lobby for team games?
Those would be good changes. It should print a message saying "The host changed the slot of [...] to [x]" or something.

Also maybe the host should be able to set a motto. Maybe like
/motto Left side team 1, right side team 2.

Then everyone who joins sees this message.

And yea I play 1on1 sometimes but it's a bit of a different game. Team games are really good when they're good imo.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

AmericanBlunt_ wrote: I have a long history of hosting big team battles and they are a great feat to organize but the boot feature works nicely. A player can't seem to select the right team, boot. Won't ready up in time for a game, boot. Bad ping, boot. Inattentivness, boot. You don't need these type of players as they slow the game down. More then likely another player will fill a spot sooner the later.
This... I like to warn before a boot, with the requested behaviour. No response? Boot and the spot will up quickly.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

r0b0v wrote: There are 2 requests being reviewed to help with large team games - Host can change Team and Spawn of any player, Show team arrangement in lobby, maybe others.

Yes please :D +1

GeneralMelon_gone

Post by GeneralMelon_gone »

Another good change might be showing the latency during the matches too.

Also bring back "disable splatmap".