Toxic community.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Raishiwi

Post by Raishiwi »

Here's a list of people that are extremely helpful for and positive for you to hang around
If I exclude anyone I just forgot or don't play with them enough to form an opinion

[font=Times New Roman]Lorrydriver (on regularly)
Chewey
Km/Kazu
Fiveaces (check out his youtube)
Soscared (check out his twitch page!)
Murto
.1 (most of the time :P no offense .1, he's always nice to me)
Whocares
Rexxy/Happy
Juicebox
Smitty/DrunkSmitty (streams on twitch)
Barf
Amhol
Zaqzorn (also has a youtube)[/font]

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

Raishiwi wrote:

OMnom

Post by OMnom »

http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... 82&t=19845

Is also a good starting place for newcomers

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

WhoCares wrote: (exept Happy but nobody want to break his heart telling him).
Hmm whats this about? Do you have a problem with me you've been very anti-me recently.

IronScion

Post by IronScion »

Hey mate, I hope you stick around if you enjoy the game. Lots of games attract an abundance of hyper-competitive nasty man-babies and internet tough guys. I encountered a lot of weird aggressive behaviour when I started and yes, the team game scene seems to be especially toxic at times. As others have said, find 1v1s and battle your way up to a higher standard. There are a lot of nice, supportive people around who will hand you your arse repeatedly, while giving you advice, helping you out and having a chat.

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

Happy wrote: Hmm whats this about?
Called bad sense of humor. (would say Belgian sens of humor but i'm not representative.)
Happy wrote: Do you have a problem with me
No problem at all, just the opposite, you've been one of the nicest person to welcom me ;)
Happy wrote: you've been very anti-me recently.
I diden't notice and even less mean that. Sorry about that then.

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

Backing what others said...

Team games are kinda lame i've found. I only play them when i'm looking to chill. And i've noticed all the team maps being played are centre ore based making really bland predictable games.

However i've only witnessed bad words twice, that's cause i said i was a noob and dominated the games. Which i was. Month or so of playing...

Openra has a larger learning curve than other CnCs imo, i think due to a large variety of tactics.

zinc

Post by zinc »

Maybe team games (easier if teams are small like 2v2) will develop like more into 1v1 style games. More open maps. More mobile armies.

Actually you play something like haos ridges as a 3v3 and it's normally quite predictable. It becomes a more fluid game as a 2v2.

Not that there is anything wrong with chokepoint team games. Artie spam still needs tactics... Naval etc.

Medium Tank

Post by Medium Tank »

Blackened wrote:
Raishiwi wrote:
Same Blackened.... same...

Henry, to repeat what every one else has said. I really reccomend getting into 1v1's and joining that scene. Personally, the only reason I continue to play this game is because of the fun I have playing with the people I've met. I think it's reasonable to say add myself, Medium Tank, and Blackened to the list Raishiwi made of players.

Most of the 1v1 scene is usually revolving around EU times at night. Besides that I hope to see you around sometime!

Raishiwi

Post by Raishiwi »

@blackened & Medium tank, IM SORRY!

Does this Smitty meme describe your feelings?

Wippie

Post by Wippie »

i think 90% of the RAGL players can easily be added to the list, therefore its a stupid list :)

Chimpo

Post by Chimpo »

On the whole it is pretty tough being new. I facepalm quite a bit and try and bite my tongue when I see some newbie mistakes (poor ref placement, early infantry spam etc etc). The problem is that it's hard to help in game.

I'm making a nub guide to help people out.

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

Chimpo wrote: I facepalm quite a bit and try and bite my tongue when I see some newbie mistakes ( early infantry spam)
LOL, I'm guessing these are team game errors? I'm sure double ref opener is very legitimate strategy?

Chimpo

Post by Chimpo »

Happy wrote:
Chimpo wrote: I facepalm quite a bit and try and bite my tongue when I see some newbie mistakes ( early infantry spam)
LOL, I'm guessing these are team game errors? I'm sure double ref opener is very legitimate strategy?

Usually off a single ref or no ref.

zinc

Post by zinc »

Chimpo wrote:
Happy wrote:

Usually off a single ref or no ref.
What, spend all their cash early on troops, and then:

(1) march them into enemy pillbox.
Or:
(2) just keep them in the base doing nothing

?