RA Shock Trooper Defense

A desperate plea for advice

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
OffseasonChamp

RA Shock Trooper Defense

Post by OffseasonChamp »

Hello all,

My asshole cousin constantly crushes me via shock troopers, and he's such a smug asshole about it. This seems to happen with or without a Yak or tank rush, and no matter what nationality I choose (Russian flame troopers or Allied artillery in general have helped me the most). How in god's name can I defend myself besides using shock troopers myself?

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

Your best bet is to deny him getting to that level tech.

Other than that Artillery, Hinds, Tanya, phase transports for allies and for soviets, yaks, and tanks with IC, and nuke trucks.

zinc

Re: RA Shock Trooper Defense

Post by zinc »

OffseasonChamp wrote: Hello all,

My asshole cousin constantly crushes me via shock troopers, and he's such a smug asshole about it. This seems to happen with or without a Yak or tank rush, and no matter what nationality I choose (Russian flame troopers or Allied artillery in general have helped me the most). How in god's name can I defend myself besides using shock troopers myself?

Does he have a faster build up than you? Are you starting off with a good economy?

You could try a demo truck if you know it's coming. Or try Tanya. But mostly I suspect you need to improve your economy and production of units.

FRenzy

Post by FRenzy »

^ all what blackened said

Allies can easily counter Russia, especially with Hinds

I think the only faction to have real difficulty to counter Teslas is Ukraine. If you know you're facing Russia, then yeah try to snipe Tech Center ASAP, and as often as possible.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

I think ukaine is fine vs russia. IC+APCs do huge damage to infantry blobs in general. Yaks are great at picking off at blobs+crashes + Demos are great vs blobs as well.

OffseasonChamp

Post by OffseasonChamp »

zinc wrote: Does he have a faster build up than you? Are you starting off with a good economy?

You could try a demo truck if you know it's coming. Or try Tanya. But mostly I suspect you need to improve your economy and production of units.
All of these posts contain good advice, but zinc, you may be digging at a deeper issue. I've read the strategy guide on GitHub, but is there another resource re: strategy I can study? My build ups are inconsistent.

Edit: Just saw the strategy guide posted here a week ago. That helps.

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

OffseasonChamp wrote:
zinc wrote: Does he have a faster build up than you? Are you starting off with a good economy?

All of these posts contain good advice, but zinc, you may be digging at a deeper issue. I've read the strategy guide on GitHub, but is there another resource re: strategy I can study? My build ups are inconsistent.

also, try and spec games of better players or watch replays. You'll grasp build orders and timing much that way.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

OffseasonChamp wrote: Edit: Just saw the strategy guide posted here a week ago. That helps.
Watching replays and stealing buildorders and tactics from the good players also helps much.

zinc

Post by zinc »

OffseasonChamp wrote:

I would suggest just practicing on going hard-core for economy at the start of the game. So refinery / warfactory with ore trucks / another refinery right at the start. If you go for barracks then just build a pillbox to have on standby in case you need it. No troops. Especially not rocket troops! If you are playing soviet you can throw in an early kennel and a dog. That can scoop up crates and also hopefully give you a warning if your enemy is getting together a dangerous troop force.

This assumes that your enemy doesn't go much for early game rushes. If he does then obviously you may need more emphasis on infantry or pillboxes.