Is there anything from Red Alert not yet implemented?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
zinc

Is there anything from Red Alert not yet implemented?

Post by zinc »

I think there is a heli pad that was placed in the water?

Also there was a nuclear bomb plane from one mission.

Anything else?

They may not be suitable for (balanced) team games of course but could anything else be implemented into OpenRA from the original?

There was a flame mammoth in one of the missions but perhaps not properly done. i.e. I think the graphics were only changed for the flame effect coming from the tank and there weren't proper graphical changes to the tank itself say giving it a new type of barrel. But still, I think flame mammoths could work in the game if we ever get another soviet faction or whatever.

Any other special units I'm forgetting?

Chemical infantry?

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

AmericanBlunt_

Post by AmericanBlunt_ »

Being able to sell vehicle units via service depot.

SMIFFGIG

Post by SMIFFGIG »

Map options:

Redeployable MCVs (this was only in TS as you could not redeploy MCV at all in RA1)
Shroud Regrows

Destroyers with Secondary 'Depth Charge' weapon for killing subs

Tesla zap weapon having x3 short burst for killing infantry or x1 powerful shot when targeting vehicles/buildings

Anti Personel and Anti Tank mines?

MCV Crate - when player has no MCV/Construction Yard, then any crate they find has a much higher chance (perhaps it was even 100%) of being an MCV
Last edited by SMIFFGIG on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The un-offical addon for Tiberian Sun

zinc

Post by zinc »

The destroyers may have been deliberately changed I think?

We already have mcv crates, and redeployable mcv's so not sure why you mention these.
Last edited by zinc on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zinc

Post by zinc »

I guess shroud regrows would make a difference, but we already have fog of war now which I guess is kind of half way there.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

SMIFFGIG wrote: Map options:
MCV Crate - when player has no MCV/Construction Yard, then any crate they find has a much higher chance (perhaps it was even 100%) of being an MCV
We had this a few years ago but you can just always sell your conyard and get a bunch of infantry engie and 2000$ also base was sometimes nicely teleported :D
without buildradius was also a bit cräzy but funny.

SMIFFGIG

Post by SMIFFGIG »

zinc wrote: The destroyers may have been deliberately changed I think?

We already have mcv crates, and redeployable mcv's so not sure why you mention these.
I didn't realise there was an option to turn off redeployable MCVs in the game setup menu?
The un-offical addon for Tiberian Sun

zinc

Post by zinc »

I didn't realize you wanted to turn them off. I suppose that's kind of implementing something from the original game.

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

SMIFFGIG wrote:
Tesla zap weapon having x3 short burst for killing infantry or x1 powerful shot when targeting vehicles/buildings
Pretty sure that our Tesla weaponry already behaves that way. When it charges due to inf it shoots three short burtsts enough for inf to die. When charging because of inf and then only a tank is left over for lets say 3rd shot, the shot is way weaker than compared to if it would have charged for the tank and would have done all three bursts in one.
RAGL -->Replay Archive<--

scorp

Post by scorp »

Volkov and his Dog. That Dog was hilarious

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

Volkov and Chitzkoi were never in Skirmish/MP in original games. They doesn't even have specific unit entry in rules.ini but modified GNRL and DOG.

They'll of course will be in missions when then added. I would love to see them available in Skirmish/MP too (and in fact they was but it was before i start OpenRA) but i don't think it is necessary and would be hard to balance.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

MustaphaTR wrote: Volkov and Chitzkoi were never in Skirmish/MP in original games. They doesn't even have specific unit entry in rules.ini but modified GNRL and DOG.

They'll of course will be in missions when then added. I would love to see them available in Skirmish/MP too (and in fact they was but it was before i start OpenRA) but i don't think it is necessary and would be hard to balance.
I really liked the Volkov unit but he was a bit op with his grenadelauncher a buildlimit would have helped to balance him i think.
Vote for Volkov as a special unit for a 3rd soviet faction.
Maybe the special unit faction with Volkov and Monstertank both with buildlimit 1

scorp

Post by scorp »

MustaphaTR wrote: but i don't think it is necessary and would be hard to balance.
The thread title was if there's anything from RA not yet implemented.

Balancing is arbitrary so there's never ever a balancing issue with a specific unit before that unit is even added to the game. Maybe it needs adjustments compared to the original game. Pretty sure it needs. But would be fun to have in any case

zinc

Post by zinc »

Materianer wrote:
MustaphaTR wrote: Volkov and Chitzkoi were never in Skirmish/MP in original games. They doesn't even have specific unit entry in rules.ini but modified GNRL and DOG.

I really liked the Volkov unit but he was a bit op with his grenadelauncher a buildlimit would have helped to balance him i think.
Vote for Volkov as a special unit for a 3rd soviet faction.
Maybe the special unit faction with Volkov and Monstertank both with buildlimit 1
Monstertank??