What is a 100% legal move that is frowned upon?

from reddit

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
the-zoidberger

What is a 100% legal move that is frowned upon?

Post by the-zoidberger »

Question: What is a 100% legal move that is frowned upon?

Answer: After waiting 15 minutes to get a match together ---> somebody goes apeshit blitzkrieg within 3 minutes.

:)

klaas

Post by klaas »

Basewalking with arties.

I hate it when people say a few grenadiers, or a squad of rocket troops is a "rush". No, its not. In a proper rush, I pump all my money into infantry, I take a harvester to soak damage, and bring my MCV to camp your primary orefield.

zinc

Post by zinc »

Blocking stuff with the small tanks. I know this has been largely dealt with by game changes.

I have no problem with people trying early attacks. If they didn't happen there would be no balance between early game defence and building up economy etc.

It's part of the soviet game to harass with grenadiers etc. just as it's part of the allies game (some of the time) to go heavy on artie and base walk. No complaints.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

zinc wrote: Blocking stuff with the small tanks. I know this has been largely dealt with by game changes.

I have no problem with people trying early attacks. If they didn't happen there would be no balance between early game defence and building up economy etc.

It's part of the soviet game to harass with grenadiers etc. just as it's part of the allies game (some of the time) to go heavy on artie and base walk. No complaints.
Blocking stuff with any vehicle is still no legal taktik for me and i ragequit after a warning.

except for teamgames or in late game its okay for me to quit anyways ...

JOo

Post by JOo »

Its a legal move in the RAGLS ... that says it all ...

and besides , even though it can be still annoying ... if you dont have a tower ready too shoo the blocking unit away ... the "husks" that used to be not attackable ... are now attackable ... just force-fire on it

in league-matches it gets often used to beat time ... and even then , people try to keep those blocking units alive , so they will free the blocked area if you have a tower ready ...

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

JOo wrote: Its a legal move in the RAGLS ... that says it all ...
Really that says it all?
Are there illegal moves in this tournament?
What do you do if a light tank come to you you got your turret ready and he blocks your war factory.
Now you set your turret and the lt is driving out of range from this to you ore riffenery.
Now you need a 2nd turret or a rocket soldier.
What does the lt cost and the turrets with the rs then?
or you only go a pillbox ready because you wait for a flamer apc.

Thats just a lame move wich luckiely not often played in normal games.
If it is played in tournaments where peoples playing for cheap money it's okay for me.
I say hf to these "pro" gamers then but i rather don't play with them.
I like normal games with fair playing guys, those tournaments are too hectic for me anyways.
I played like this a few years ago but if you always ply like this you ruin your nerves :D

JOo

Post by JOo »

Materianer wrote: I like normal games with fair playing guys ...
the red-alert league consists only of fair playing gentlemen ... using light-tanks and apc's to your advantage by blocking production or economy "is" a fair move

one of the reasons why these people are called "pros" ... and you play only "normal games" (i assume you mean games on "great divide") is because those "pros" accept the fact that you can block areas , and they deal with it ... they can get out of situations ... or turn games where normal players couldnt or would just surrender/disconnect

of course it is good for your nerves when you play against noobs ...

but the "pros" arent after cheap wins ... they want to play against the best players

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Disconnecting instead of surrendering.

AmericanBlunt_

Post by AmericanBlunt_ »

Saying "gg" and playing to the end.