Chronoshifting MCVs

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

What to do the Chrono and MCVs

Do what you said
8%
Keep them as is
92%
Make them unchronoable
No votes

Total votes: 13

MustaphaTR

Chronoshifting MCVs

Post by MustaphaTR »

So when talking about chronoing transport i noticed that most people aren't happy with MCVs' ability to be chronoed. I'm not really a fan of making them unchronoable but we need to fix Transforms: so Construction Yard will come back. You may still place some structures, but as MCV will back it can't grow much. When CYard comes back it should kill units and buildings there (it is pretty bigger than other stuff) at there. If 2 or more CYard needs to me back at same place (as you can chrono multiple MCVs) yu should only get 1 back and other should die.

Actually we should add a proper collision logic as someone can make Building: s chronoshiftable. We can make it kill the one with lower health and deal damage that exuals to stength of lower health one divided to its count of cells it occupies times count of cells that collision happens. I think i need to make an image explanation gimme a sec. Ok here is it: http://www.mediafire.com/view/q866ndptf ... xample.png (*Gets, i'm doing too much typos recently) Actually it can be better if we exculide bibs.

Note that i'm not saying make Buildings Chronoable, just add proper logic to them.

Also fix Iron Curtain and transforms too so IC remains after transformation.
Last edited by MustaphaTR on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

The chrono sucks as is. Its given to factions which have the weaker units in the game and takes as long as the IC takes to charge without the same impact on the game. 5 IC'd units - no matter what they are - will have an impact by drawing enemy fire, sniping key units or structures and keeps the units alive the whole time. The chrono is essentially a sacrifice of units just so that they can be teleported somewhere across the map to plink at a couple of structures and then probably killed.]

Theres no point in nerfing something that already sucks to begin with unless you want to also repurpose it.

anjew

Post by anjew »

Murto the Ray wrote: -snip-
Those weaker units are offset by the lower cost and it depends on how skillfully the chrono is used. If there is GPS up with the chrono then you probably wont lose unit, instead opting to chrono their army or just to snipe important tech. Ironically, the chrono is also the perfect counter to the IC, in fact it's the only counter, except it never gets used that way. So I wouldn't dismiss it as some building thats primary function is to kills your own units.

When it comes to the idea of the Chrono leaving anything behind, it is considered OP but when it comes to the idea of the Chrono leaving an entire base, thats a feature.
This situation never arises in 1v1 and in teamgames it all of a sudden becomes incredibly op because the Red Alert mod doesn't have a refractory period between placing buildings

klaas

Post by klaas »

Chrono is mostly useful for killing enemy units, or to move and deploy a MCV somewhere.

I think it makes sense at it works now: a deployed MCV does not chrono back, because it is a building. I don't really see the problem with this logic.

Christian

Post by Christian »

Keep it as it is. Making MCV’s unchronoable would take away some viable interesting tactics both in 1v1’s and team games. The best way to use chrono is usually to use it defensively – chrono enemy units into your defenses and kill them, unless your opponent got IC ready there’s often nothing he can do to avoid losing his units and tanks leave husks that can be taken with mechanics.

GPS buffs chronosphere significantly in late game too and makes it easier to use chrono offensively without wasting too much and it also makes it easier to grab enemy units to kill.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

anjew wrote: -Snip-
Its not a counter to the IC, its a counter to enemy units that just so happen to be standing still in a plus formation. You are very unlikely to be able to chrono IC'd units before they move.

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

Ok, 0-7-0. No change i guess. I still want that structure chrono and collision logic tho.