Dune II

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

I think that dune2 project is awesome.

One idea of my part :

Ornhitotere : they were controlled by ai and super practicle to kill unit on the map but useless a soon you unveil the enemy base, they go there and die to rocket turret.

I would preserve the Ai mechanic as you don't have to controle them but at least have a form of controle to give them a waypoint and an "area" to operate.

example : I click on a cell and the ornithoptere will come doing his shananigan in an area of X cells radius around this waypoint and i can change the waypoint anytime i want.

With that way, not see them going loosely die on part of the map that are too fortified without your consent.

JOo

Post by JOo »

WhoCares wrote: I think that dune2 project is awesome.

One idea of my part :

Ornhitotere : they were controlled by ai and super practicle to kill unit on the map but useless a soon you unveil the enemy base, they go there and die to rocket turret.

I would preserve the Ai mechanic as you don't have to controle them but at least have a form of controle to give them a waypoint and an "area" to operate.

example : I click on a cell and the ornithoptere will come doing his shananigan in an area of X cells radius around this waypoint and i can change the waypoint anytime i want.

With that way, not see them going loosely die on part of the map that are too fortified without your consent.
sounds good to me

though i would find it also interesting to have a somewhat good ornithopter-AI that is choosing targets based on what is currently "visible" and the best option to hurt/disturb the enemy ... and choose the right enemy

pretty sure thats an interesting feature for programmers to work on

JOo

Post by JOo »

i did get myself a "Toshiba Satellite Pro 460cdt" just so i can play old dos-games on an old machine ... couldnt find any driver for the usb 1.0 port ... but having a usb-floppy-drive for my modern machine lets me write whatever i want on floppys ...

im quite happy that i can run dune 2 now without the dosbox-emulator

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

wow, that thing is ooold!
had a similar notebook for playing Dark Reign once :)

Check out Dune2k-Advanced on my moddb page!

JOo

Post by JOo »

SirCake wrote: Dark Reign
this games deserves its own openra-mod btw ...