Default map great Sahara

WHY IS THIS MAP THE DEFAULT FOR ALL SERVERS?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
weeman

Default map great Sahara

Post by weeman »

I feel like this map. This dumb fucking map. Great Sahara. . EACH member of the team has to expand immediately OR spawn and have no ore. THIS SHOULDN'T BE THE DEFAULT. Noobs come in and spawn and this is the first fucking map they see and play in most servers. Then they are like wow this map is fucking stupid.. this game is fucking stupid. So why can't we default to something more noob friendly. I'm tired of seeing 3 fucking games in the lobby all half-filled with Great Sa-FUCKING-HARA, then one starts and sure enough... FUCKING ONE TEAM DOESNT MOVE OUT. this shit has to destroy the morale of new players. Can you people that run servers pick something noob friendly like fucking vegetation or something.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Yeah it would be nice if that somehow changes.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

hamb

Post by hamb »

Let's rework the map so it's friendly, or completely remove it from the included map pool.

weeman

Post by weeman »

ok

anjew

Post by anjew »

its just the default shit, TD currently has the unbalanced Island Duels as well

r34ch

Post by r34ch »

I agree that somehow the default map for each server should be more randomized. Even if it was a more newb friendly map, I still dislike seeing nearly every server have the same map in the lobby.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

This is caused by a bug/regression that completely broke the initial map randomization. Issues like this are why it is so important that people play on the playtests and report bugs.

You'll have to wait for the next release in a few months for this to be fixed.