Micro Control

A minigame

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
kyrylo

Micro Control

Post by kyrylo »

Hi all. Just want to advertise a minigame map that I have recently made: Micro Control. It's is highly inspired by a TD map called "Top Control".
Download the "Micro Control" map: http://resource.openra.net/maps/8404/

The minigame consists of 15 rounds and is meant to be played by 4 players (but it can be played by 2 or 3 players as well). On each round every player is given the same group of units. The goal is to win the game by winning as many rounds as possible (1 round = 1 score), which basically means surviving and killing other players. If multiple players have the same score, then the player with most cash wins the game (so camping is not an option).

Unit compositions for rounds are based on current factions and tech levels. For example, first rounds are played only with infantry and last rounds are played with the best units the game can offer. During the round you can collect various crates: rank/health/money/unit crates. Every player has also the ability to use 2 airstrikes per round.

Please play and provide your feedback. I'd be happy to tweak unit compositions or improve the game mechanics. The map is currently hosted on my server "EU Battleground" by default. So you can join the server and simply press "Download".
Last edited by kyrylo on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Awesome!! I like such minigames. This one seems to have a fun idea (king of the hill-like)

shouldnt the maplay out be symmetrical? some players have a bigger or smaller mainland
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

kyrylo

Post by kyrylo »

Thanks, NoobMapMaker!

I just uploaded a new version of the map. It fixes the issue with regard to dead players not being able to see the map.

kyrylo

Post by kyrylo »

Given the lack of interest in this map I will no longer be updating it (it has some bugs).

anjew

Post by anjew »

kyrylo id be interested in a proper TD version or at least getting some help to make a TD version. The Norman one is annoying with his added units and doesnt help micro