Teslatank deploy

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
yellow (theRaffy)

Teslatank deploy

Post by yellow (theRaffy) »

i created a possible deploy animation 4 the tesla tank. Took me a while!
Attachments
ttnk0000.gif
ttnk0000.gif (4.29 KiB) Viewed 8928 times

Spy

Post by Spy »

Awesome!

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Wow... just... wow...

Nicely done. Could be an alternative to the newest tesla tank buff (drive-by zapping) should it not work out. Or perhaps either way.

hamb

Post by hamb »

It's a bit fitting since the tesla tank can now fire omnidirectional, if this is the next logical step...?

dzine

Post by dzine »

Great animation effort but it looks a bit naff. Because it looks as though the emerging coil is taller than the tank it emerges from...thinks Dr Who Tardis

If you realy want a 'mobile tesla coil' that is deployable in the feild you need to come up with a design that is visually believable and thematically compatable, come up with a design that is on par with the better designed units that allready exist in the game. Perhaps something scudlike, where the coil is carried on a flatbed and is raised into a rocket like position as is done with real world rocket launchers.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

dzine wrote: Great animation effort but it looks a bit naff. Because it looks as though the emerging coil is taller than the tank it emerges from...thinks Dr Who Tardis

If you realy want a 'mobile tesla coil' that is deployable in the feild you need to come up with a design that is visually believable and thematically compatable, come up with a design that is on par with the better designed units that allready exist in the game. Perhaps something scudlike, where the coil is carried on a flatbed and is raised into a rocket like position as is done with real world rocket launchers.
looks telescopic to me

dzine

Post by dzine »

ref looks telescopic to me

Yes i considered that but it still doesnt look right or cool

Im not aginst the idea of a mobile tesla turret thang, i just think it would be better to design a new unit from scratch. One that realy looked the part. Problem is any such thing = a huge amount of work. At least a weeks worth if not a months worth of hard code graft.

scorp

Post by scorp »

This thing looks cool. Don't think it would be hard to implement deployable intermediate tesla coil things. I used to have deployable machine gun nests and it's an interesting way to set up smaller fortifications in strategic locations. Then again, it's typcially a bit on the micro-heavy side to use deployable units.

Btw. has anybody managed to get the tesla charge function working for mobile units? I mean with recharge sound and recharge time.

yellow (theRaffy)

I used the deploy animation of the gap generator made it thinner. and added 2 rings of the normal teslacoil. sadly the rings are looking like cylinders. I agree that it could be improved.

dzine

Post by dzine »

you got me thinking raffy

Usage Scenarios

Deploy in the middle of an ore feild
Deploy on a small island
Deploy on ridge pocket

Graphics wise nothing is jumping out at me, but a 'killercool animation' with 'usage scenarios' just might warrant some game code attention. Im not on the Dev team or anything, just a player. Its often a ton of code work to change or add anything so an idea has to be totally awesome to take off.

yellow (theRaffy)

Its an iteresting idea to make him deploy able on such places. I didn't think about that. I just thought about make it like the conyard. So place only at free spotz.

But the building at bridges or orefields ,.. is a great new tactical option.

klaas

Post by klaas »

And deploying it just increases the range to the stationary testla, or something. This should be pretty easy to try out I think.

The current testla tanks are pretty good already, but I doubt whether they are really overpowered since you need a tech centre to build them, and they thus should be a tiny bit better than the standard tank.

Nolt

Post by Nolt »

Looks cool, you made this by hand or w/ a 3d program?

yellow (theRaffy)

@nolt i pixeled it.