Most awkward / funny moments

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
zoidyberg

Most awkward / funny moments

Post by zoidyberg »

So I was thinking about some of the most awkward/funny moments that I've experienced playing OpenRA.

- Teammate who refused to build combat units. He just built ore trucks.

- Teammates who decided to attack each other after bickering for a bit.

:)

BaronOfStuff

Re: Most awkward / funny moments

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Probably when an enemy decided to try and transport a second MCV to another island (Docklands Extended) but didn't get around to unloading the transport. Just left a Cruiser on standby to shell the shit out of it, wasting his time and credits.
zoidyberg wrote: - Teammates who decided to attack each other after bickering for a bit.
Not so much in OpenRA, but when I used to play AoE II a lot this was a frequent occurrence between two particular players. In hindsight we should have set the teams up differently, but it was just too much fun to watch them slowly turn on each other.

Prince Blueblood

Post by Prince Blueblood »

doubles map... 1 vs 1
When both you and your enemy decides to move your MCV closer to the other side for rushes, and pass each others without recognizing the others pass from the opposite edge of the land (due to small MCV vision range)

Resulting in both bewildered to do... *where are you* attacks, and recognize later that both build their defensive structures on the wrong sides...
OpenRA Nicks :
- Everything with "Blueblood" inside
- Yuelang (when I speak Chinese, literally)

My Ping might be Red... blame distance and my shitty connection due to which country I lived in...

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

Agreeing with a teammate to take turns iron curtaining a chronoed MCV and then iron curtaining it at the same time -.-

YuriMolina

Post by YuriMolina »

the best 2 things that happened for me in OpenRA

discovered a glitch that allow to undead the MCV , making it inmortal but not usable, and you win by default the match.

another glitch like that but I don't remember what was it

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

I was in a 1v1 match and my opponent decided they would move a MCV they got from a crate just below my base and start building there. My harvester decided it would drive through their base to get to ore on the other side of it so i attempted to call it back and misclicked on their service depot; and to my surprise the harvester actually drove into it and started getting repaired - draining the enemy's resources :lol:

I lost that game :|

PersianImmortal

Post by PersianImmortal »

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

JOo

Post by JOo »

lol ... abcdefg30 .... you didnt even take the screenshot , i am (was) methboy ... and i made the screenshot with fraps (i have the screenshot-key on "+")

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

JOo wrote: lol ... abcdefg30 .... you didnt even take the screenshot , i am (was) methboy ... and i made the screenshot with fraps (i have the screenshot-key on "+")
Heh, sry. I just posted this link that was lying around somewhere.
(I also didn't say that this is my screeny :p)