Trying to decide whether to Uninstall this... balance issues

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Prince Blueblood

Post by Prince Blueblood »

In a rather "unfair" way, actually everything is balanced here.

True, Allies is far easier to use intuitively, even better than the original Allies in RA2 and 3 which needs micro skills to succeed. Jumping from RA1/2/3 to OpenRA is easy for Allied players, because they actually has better things with Macro now, as we all knew already that Allies in OpenRA is ironically the brute force factions, while they aren't really lag behind in micro department so you could play it anyway you like..

It's the Soviets who end up as counter-intuitively compared to the original Soviets. At first glance, their units is exensive, shabby when you only look at their price tag and simply attack move them, and somehow their only obvious saving grace is they could either dish a fuckton of damage or tank fuckton of damage.

in "experienced" OpenRA games, the one who use Soviets as brute force factions they usually are in RA1/2/3 will get their ass whooped HARD. Unless :
1) you frantically tech up to shock troopers and use that in conjunction with proper supports
2) your enemy is another soviets with no Allies.

BUT, like it or not, the Soviets here really shines if and when you micromanage them... heavy tanks seems waste of resources, but they are priceless in focus firing into nemy camp. The V2 may seem laughable, but it's far better used to shoot and scoot, And Flak trucks counterintuitively being the Soviet's multipurpose fighting vehicle....

In short, changing the balance will severely weakened the Allies in experienced games.... so...
OpenRA Nicks :
- Everything with "Blueblood" inside
- Yuelang (when I speak Chinese, literally)

My Ping might be Red... blame distance and my shitty connection due to which country I lived in...