TD balance thread

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Norman_

Post by Norman_ »

the detection build radius for agts, comcenter etc. before placing them (from acms map) should be added to release too.

what about getting cash for destroyed vehicles like in ra?

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Detection build radius? You mean for Stealth units? I thought the radius was already in the game O.o

Cash for destroyed vehicles is something ive never really liked. It rewards the rush attacks to easily if you are going for some quick kills. The support powers would also net you a lot of cash for destroying vehicles which allows for a quicker army to be built up. Ions in example would always strike vehicles in armies rather then sniping structures due to cash rewards.

For the cash ticks im going to try bumping it to 20 and see where that goes from there. 15 is a pretty small number and takes a long time for accumulation to equal out the engineer cost. That being said, testing with the 500 reward gave a bit to much. The tick rates are faster which means the money builds up fairly quickly. While the cost for the engineer isn't refunded the oil derrick ticks itself can be very rewarding in maps. The main reason people don't go for them is due to their destruction unable to be re-captured again.

Norman_

Post by Norman_ »

damn
Last edited by Norman_ on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norman_

Post by Norman_ »

browser
Last edited by Norman_ on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norman_

Post by Norman_ »

i mean to be able to see the detection radius for stealth units and weapon range circle before you place the structures.

will test the cash idea on a modmap someday to see how that goes.

this is the code from acms map for the detection radius

Code: Select all

HQ:
	WithRangeCircle@DETECT:
		Type: detect
		Color: 32CD3280
		Range: 5c0
EYE:
	WithRangeCircle@DETECT:
GUN:
	WithRangeCircle@ATTACK:
		Type: attack
		Color: FFFF0080
		Range: 6c0
	WithRangeCircle@DETECT:
		Range: 3c0
SAM:
	WithRangeCircle@ATTACK:
		Range: 8c0
GTWR:
	WithRangeCircle@ATTACK:
		Range: 6c0
	WithRangeCircle@DETECT:
		Range: 3c0
ATWR:
	WithRangeCircle@ATTACK:
		Range: 8c0
	WithRangeCircle@DETECT:
 OBLI:
	WithRangeCircle@ATTACK:
		Range: 7c512
	WithRangeCircle@DETECT:

true, with 500hp airstrike can still destroy it using the right angle but 1000hp might be too much since you can also repair it
Last edited by Norman_ on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Nevermind I see what you mean now. Yea I will play around with that as well to see about adding that.

Ive bumped the Oil Derrick HP to 1000 because at 500 A10s were still killing it at the right angle lol.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

The following is going to be worked on at Thursday:

APC AA Gun projectile speed increase from 1c6 to 2c0.

Flame Tank damage vs light increase from 67 to 100.

Flame Tank explosion damage increase from 100 to 115.

Flame Tank damage spread increase from 341 to 400.

Repair Pad HP increase from 600 to 700.

Artillery Turn Speed increased from 2 to 4.

MCV HP increase from 950 to 1200.

NOTES:

About the MCV HP it was brought to my attention about how easily they were able to be ioned. While I debated on this for quite sometime I took into consideration about the team games and decided to increase the HP value. It will now survive a single ion strike with about 150 hp left over. This will give the MCV worth their time and cost rather then have it be stolen easily. Also reduces the problem of packing an MCV up to be sniped easily.

---------------------------------------------

The above is the set of changes that are ready to release. While the Obelisk, aircraft, neutral buildings, and detection rings are still being implemented, this allows me to at least push the other changes out their.

---------------------------------------------

About Tech structures:

There has been disagreements about the addition of recapturable tech structures. In conclusion of this it was added that perhaps the tech structures should have a HP buff instead. Oil Derricks right now shouldn't go above 1000 HP for obvious reasons.

Some suggestions were made about a 500$ capture refund but in my mind and scenarios might be to much of an economy boost in the early game. Likewise if the tick rate was adjusted from 15+ or a faster/slower tick rate depending on the income generation.

Feedback appreciated!

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Im ready to test the aircraft mechanic to everyone. Ive been making adjustments here and there and took some feedback from Anjew. Give it a bash!

--==++MAKE BACKUP COPIES OF FILES YOU PLAN TO REPLACE++==--

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dx6vsnke85uq7 ... .yaml?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4jxvxugmdjje ... .yaml?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzd0wjppe0wrl ... .yaml?dl=0

Go into your OpenRA folder where it is installed at.

For aircraft head into OpenRA/mods/cnc/rules and backup the aircraft file. Then copy and replace.

For missiles and smallcaliber head into OpenRA/mods/cnc/weapons and back up missiles and smallcaliber files. Then copy and replace.

----------------
These changes are not final. This is testing only and are subject to change or not change at all. feedback is required.

NOTES:

While I realize maps can be edited to fit these mod changes in, the aircraft is based off maps themselves. IE: a small map aircraft does not do well but a large map (Such as Desert Springs) does extremely well.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

The following is now in the bleed version:

-----------------------------------------------

Planning on doing some additional changes in the future such as:

Increase HP on bridges and adding an armor value to it.
Another look at neutral buildings.
Continuing to work on aircraft mechanics.
Pray to have the Obelisk charge mechanic implemented (lol)
Testing money values on tiberium.

CampinJeff

Post by CampinJeff »

I think buggy/humvee rushes are a bit too strong and difficult to hold back even with turrets. I don't have a problem with their light armor/infantry killing abilities, it's their building damage that's too high. Somebody named boxes always does this, the other player knows it's coming but they still get owned unless they do the same exact thing he's doing

It's even worse if the person is GDI because the WF door is blockable plus refineries, stopping all humvee/APC production and economy.

For me it's either nerf the early refinery sell off (3 minigunners + 100 credits) or the buggy/humvees themselves against buildings.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

The buggy/humvees is something ive been watching closely on as far as structure damage goes. I noticed they did a little to much vs the airstrip in some of my plays and various other structures. Power plants and the such I feel are good.

As for knowing its coming its actually easy to stop. Spam infantry. Minigunners smoke hummers and buggies in good sizes. Easily destroy a player doing this.

As for the turrets, try using Guard Towers. They actually do a lot of damage vs light target units and do not miss when these units are on the move.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

The following are ideas only. Feedback is required:

Continuation of aircraft revamp. (Requires more feedback for progression)

Hummers/Buggies damage vs wood reduced from 20 to 10.

Hummers/Buggies damage vs Heavy reduced from 15 to 10. (Requires testing.)

Looking at APCs. Debating on possible solutions. May require none.

Turret HP increase from 400 to 420. (Requires testing.)

Samsite cost reduced from 700 to 650.

Samsite construction time reduced from 32 to 24. (Requires testing.)

Concrete Wall increase in price (Requires feedback)

Concrete Wall increase in build time (Requires feedback)

Increase HP of both Chain Link fences and Sandbags. (Currently issues in implementing)

Increase Tech buildings HP. (More details on this later)

---------------------------

NOTES:

The samesite build timers may not be needed at this time but a price reduction I feel is. When the sam pops up it suffers the same issue in CNC95 where the Sam loses a large amount of armor. It dies extremely fast when its popped up. However is tough as nails when it comes to the turret being popped down. I might play around with the HP on this to prevent air snipes. (Also being looked at if the aircraft revamp works)

The Hummers/Buggies gameplay is a strong opener and is counterable. However, I believe they kill buildings way to fast and easily. Specially if they go for the cutthroat of the power. Reducing their wood damage gives buildings an amazing standing chance against their rate of fire. Its almost comparable to minigunners in terms of structure damage. Their guns vs armor is also being worked on slightly due to some light tank issues and gun turrets.

The gun turrets HP is getting a very slight increase. Currently im playing around with an idea in mind about faction only structures. (SEE BELOW)

--==++FACTION BASED DEFENSES++==--

This is going back to the old roots of CNC95. A forum post made from a user awhile back wanted Guard Towers to be GDI only and Turrets to be Nod only. While I like this idea it would prove from issues in the sense of GDI fending off tanks and Nod fending off infantry. There are a few ideas though. Ive been playing around with Nod Turrets dealing extra damage to infantry but not have them be to crazy. Specially since its heavy armor to resist a lot of infantry type damages.

The Guard Towers, this is where it gets interesting and would need Normans help on *Cough cough*.

The Guard Towers idea I played around on one of his maps would allow the infantry to be switched out much like pillboxes in RA. Putting rocket infantry in the Guard Tower would then fire rocket salvos for anti tanks. Minigunners for the anti infantry. This might seem a bit odd but this also helps GDI in another way. Currently GDI is not very flexible vs Nod. Nod is capable of switching their tech extremely quickly. One example is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrwaibz1k167b ... rarep?dl=0

Incase you don't have the map: http://resource.openra.net/maps/13237/

In open map situations GDI has a lot of issues in dealing with Nod. With the walls nerf coming this will make things a lot harder to deal with. With the GDI Guard Towers being flexible along with the mixture of APCs I think this can help redeem some issues with GDI and allow them to survive into the tech they need.

CampinJeff

Post by CampinJeff »

Decreasing humvee/buggy damage against heavy would be a good enough buff for early APC defense imo. Don't think they need anymore performance-wise other than their anti-air buff.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Im currently inclined to agree about the APC. Im going to leave them as is (AA on the APC buff has already been pushed through in the bleed).

Some of the changes I will work on tomorrow and post up on Github. It won't be anything big but the changes will help the gameplay.

Following to be worked on:

Concrete Wall price increase from 100 to 150.

Concrete Wall build time increase from 3 to 8 seconds.

Hummers/Buggies damage vs armor reduced from 15 to 10.

Samsite construction time reduced from 32 to 28.

Oil Derrick HP increased from 500 to 1000.

Hospital HP increased from 1000 to 2500.

Bio Lab HP Increased (Still playing with numbers.)

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

The following is all in the bleed:

Concrete Wall price increase from 100 to 150.

Concrete Wall build time increase from 3 to 8 seconds.

Hummers/Buggies damage vs armor reduced from 15 to 10.

Samsite construction time reduced from 32 to 28.

Oil Derrick HP increased from 500 to 1000.

Hospital HP increased from 1000 to 2500.

Bio Lab HP Increased 2500.

--------

Anyone who has perhaps played the aircraft mechanics let me know in the replies here or in other methods. I will be looking to tweak them around. Currently right now still can't figure out how to edit maps with special rules.