Few suggestions

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
SlayerM

Few suggestions

Post by SlayerM »

First of all - thank you for your hard work, openRA is very interesting and promising project.

But like many other things it have a lot of room to improve. Here list of my suggestions (things i'll glad to see in openRA):

1.Smooth scrolling in game. Scrolling in it's current form more like strobbing but middle mouse button scrolling is quite good. Will be great too see an option to enable smooth (high FPS) scrolling for ppl with 120/144Hz monitors who like thier own eyes (strobbing scrolling is really bad for sensitive eyes) :).

2.It was discussed many times but i haven't see a solution. Classic CnC control, not like starcraft one - left button to command, right to cancel selection, you know.

3.Options to configure and enchance graphic in game. It is not very convinient editing settings.yaml everytime whan i need to change resolution, please make resolution change option available inside openRA. Also will be good to see some blitters in game, like in emulators (hq2x, xBRZ, etc) or in Heroes 3 HD Mod (not latest Ubisoft game with redrawn graphics). I'm sure picture will only win by those stuff.

4.Give user opportunity to have all files needed by game in its folder, like portable software. Have music, maps and other stuff on system disk not very good. I'm talking about windows port of openRA of course.

Will be glad to see some of these things in openRA, hope not me alone. Cheers!

p.s. Sorry for my bad english comrades, i'm from Mother Russia.