[Dune] [Sugg.] Narrator and Building queue

interface suggestions

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Lagi

[Dune] [Sugg.] Narrator and Building queue

Post by Lagi »

1. Narrator
Problem:
He's(she) annoying with "unit train/build/lost" spam, so I mute the game.

Suggestion:
1a) Remove voice for: "unit train/build" and "Builiding" (when click structure).

1b) "units train" should be speak only when one of your tab (inf,light veh, heavy), just train last unit from queue (tab is empty).
So you know that you stopped producing f.ex. infantry and maybe want to add some more units to queue.

1c) "Unit lost" should be said with 5 s delay (if many unit killed in this time, dont repeat it). Also not if unit death was visible on main screen.

2.Building queue

problem:
You need to click builiding each time when it become finished and place it on map.
Player are distracted from military operation or planning expansion.

Fix:
Let player select structure (with F# or tab click) and place it on map, immediately "ghost" structure appear to mark future builiding site.
One by one, Player can make ghost base in seconds. Marking site is free, cash is drained only from one currently preparing structure.

Game put builiding on queue according to sequence of placing ghost/marker for structure.
When some facilitiy is Ready, its auto-placed on 1st selected "ghost" spot, then 2nd building is making etc., unitl game build all queue.
Then narrator say: "construction complete" so player know nothing is building and need to add something into queue.

After clicking structure there is no possibility to click it more time - player need to place it. There is no sense now with queueing buildings.

issue1: "change my mind and don't want to build one thing"
-> sell marker(ghost) on map.
Game remove it from queue. By reducing amount of building in tab, game remove the last imput of that building type.

issue2: "damm, I place 20 marks in wrong location"
-> button "clear all marks" ("V" is empty, and there is space for icon, left from $.)

issue3: "need cash on army"
-> hold on, work as always in building tab.

issue4: "building site occupied, by unit"
-> game check if ready structure is not placed many times;
if so => place in next free spot. Game prepare skipped building. Change order in queue.
if not => narrator: "building + on hold". Game check every 1 sec if site become free, if so contiune with next structure at queue. (after few iteration narrator can say again: "build on hold").

3. Attack command
there is no Input change for CTRL. I would prefer to change A order with Ctrl. Attacking terrain or own units is rarly used, and there is ctrl on both side and easier to click than A.
Like in Tzar.

4. Low/Medium option in game lobby

+add radar option for Low - I believe nobody want to play without mini-map
+add option to merge ConstructionYard back into MCV to make expansion.

5. Can I loop queue unit training?