Infantry Death Sound Bug

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Infantry Death Sound Bug

Post by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr »

Has the infantry death screams bug been fixed? I haven't played latest version yet, but I remember that no matter what location on the map soldiers were in, their screams could be heard at full volume. With the AI it got really annoying because the AI built so many soldiers, every second there was a louder than loud death scream, even though no soldiers where in sight on your screen - the fighting on the other side of the map could be heard, well the screaming could.

Any soldier that died, ANYWHERE, his scream was heard at full volume.

Scott_NZ

Post by Scott_NZ »

We have a ticket for this at https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/4680. It has not been fixed yet. I might look at fixing it for the next release.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Oh yeah that guys was me. Makintoke = DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Its really apparent in the 12 player matches with all BOTS. The AI has a swarm of soldiers, and they all die. Sounds pretty epic sometimes, but most of the time I have to turn down the volume.

Small bug I know, but still.

Brian

Post by Brian »

Yeah that bug is really irritating, especially when there is loads of infantry dieing on the map, and can't hear the EVA properly.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Hey did this bug get fixed with the new one? I saw in the changelog for RA and TD a brief mention of death sounds, but it didn't explain, and it wasn't listed for Dune 2000.

Downloading new one as I type this, long live OpenRA!

*Edit*

YAY ITS BEN FIXED! Me love you guys long time, me so horny.

reaperrr

Post by reaperrr »

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote: Hey did this bug get fixed with the new one? I saw in the changelog for RA and TD a brief mention of death sounds, but it didn't explain, and it wasn't listed for Dune 2000.

Downloading new one as I type this, long live OpenRA!

*Edit*

YAY ITS BEN FIXED! Me love you guys long time, me so horny.
Thanks, that was mostly my work ;)
(with lots of help from the main devs, to be fair)

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

reaperrr, you are the MAN, muthafuckah! Now I can joyfully listen to the sounds of death; loud, but not too loud... XD

JOo

Post by JOo »