Abbility to mute other players (chat)

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Baembaer

Abbility to mute other players (chat)

Post by Baembaer »

I know that not this many people play this game, but even on 200 people there has to be at least one dickhead. Because you can change your name as you please, there is no use, using a whitelist. I know, you can kick or Ban players while in the lobby. But if the game started and trash talk about "Jews" and "Fire" starts, its already to late. Is there a possibility to Chat-Mute other players? I just want to have a good time, playing this exellent piece of software. ( By the way a big THANK YOU! ) You did an amazing job.

Regards
Bäm

folkilsk

Re: Abbility to mute other players (chat)

Post by folkilsk »

Baembaer wrote: I know that not this many people play this game, but even on 200 people there has to be at least one dickhead. Because you can change your name as you please, there is no use, using a whitelist. I know, you can kick or Ban players while in the lobby. But if the game started and trash talk about "Jews" and "Fire" starts, its already to late. Is there a possibility to Chat-Mute other players? I just want to have a good time, playing this exellent piece of software. ( By the way a big THANK YOU! ) You did an amazing job.

Regards
Bäm
you need to start respectign freedom of speech, kid.

zinc

Post by zinc »

Muting speech on a game is not a "free speech" issue!

I think it would be nice to be able to shut up (or mute) spectators at least.

Maybe you should also be able to speak privately to team mates?

klaas

Post by klaas »

It would be nice if spectator chat was seperated from the rest of the chat, although I can ignore it pretty easily. Talk about Jews and Niggas can be annoying, but I guess thats part of the deal you get with anonymous log ins.

It would be nice if players could kick spectators from the game after it started somehow, although the instances I would actually use it are very rare.

JOo

Post by JOo »

i vote for this !

Baembaer

Post by Baembaer »

[/quote]you need to start respectign freedom of speech, kid.[/quote]

Is that really your answer, KID?

---

Freedom of speech... yeah

... again... freedom of speech....

oh how i love you ...

Ok anybody has something proper to say? It's not an feature to mute the aggressiv player, but for the passive to not seeing the messages.

folkilsk

Post by folkilsk »

Host your own server with a password like me and my friends do.

ddd

Post by ddd »

People will hate you, call you a dictator and will leave your server as soon as you will start doing smth like that. The workaround is to do some plumbing work for Lobby. Admins should have more prominent message by color or smth like that.

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- »

folkilsk wrote: you need to start respectign freedom of speech, kid.
The only 'kid' around here is the person who assumes there's such a thing as 'freedom of speech' on the internet.

dn_

Post by dn_ »

If chat from an annoying user is hidden only for the user who muted it, then that may be a reasonable compromise. I didn't think that Baembaer was necceserily suggesting that the admin should be able to silence that user from everyone on the server.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

A client-side 'ignore player' feature would probably be the way to do this. It certainly works well in Zandronum (multiplayer-focused Doom port).

ddd

Post by ddd »

Yeah. Ignore looks well. We should probably add this feature with other Lobby plumbing.

PersianImmortal

Post by PersianImmortal »

Baembaer wrote:
you need to start respectign freedom of speech, kid.[/quote]
Is that really your answer, KID?

---

Freedom of speech... yeah

... again... freedom of speech....

oh how i love you ...

Ok anybody has something proper to say? It's not an feature to mute the aggressiv player, but for the passive to not seeing the messages.
Don't like it? Make your own server and don't allow that player to play on your server. If you offer a "superior" server and other players like censorship and lack of ability to have fun as much as you then your server will flourish.
Welcome to the free market. Stop crying on the forums for the devs to come save you because you can't handle the internet.

JOo

Post by JOo »

"Make your own server " doesnt help at all ... player just change their names ...

im sure it will get fixed anyway

Holy_Master

Post by Holy_Master »

instead of mute him why not just put option to show massage receive from select player. yeah now they can talk anything they want you just didn't hear it. :P