AI Bots missing in Red Alert Mod

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
CainStar

AI Bots missing in Red Alert Mod

Post by CainStar »

Is there supposed to be bots available in Red Alert mod when try to create local non-server advertised game?
I want to play against the computer, but at the game options screen when, I click on the open player slot, there are two options Open and Close. There is a 3th option which simply states bots disabled, but can't be selected. So why are the bots missing, can't find any info about this even by using search on this forum.

Also one other thing about red alert music. When I pop in my old red alert cd the only song I can listen to is hell march, no other songs appear on the list?

Matt

Post by Matt »

Choose a map that allows bots (no islands, no mini-games).

Go to http://www.desura.com/games/openra >> "Releases: OpenRA" >> "download direct" >> "Red Alert Music" for the complete pack. Contains instructions inside the ZIP on where to put them.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

See #4041 with respect to the music installation.

CainStar

Post by CainStar »

Thanks for help guys I didn't know that sea maps didn't have bot support yet, and the music's are working as they should :)

One other question, do the developers have any plans to implement a map editor which can be used for map and mission scripting without C# knowledge?

P.S OpenRA is absolutely awsome....keep at it.....I hope that you have the stregth to finish this project.

Scott_NZ

Post by Scott_NZ »

One other question, do the developers have any plans to implement a map editor which can be used for map and mission scripting without C# knowledge?
Yes. I'm personally working on a new mission scripting feature for OpenRA. We're also going to need to fix up the editor and move it ingame to support the new features that the upcoming TS mod will require.

CainStar

Post by CainStar »

Yes. I'm personally working on a new mission scripting feature for OpenRA. We're also going to need to fix up the editor and move it ingame to support the new features that the upcoming TS mod will require.
OMG OMG OMG I feel like I'm a kid again :D Please keep up the good work!!!

Matt

Post by Matt »

CainStar wrote: I hope that you have the stregth to finish this project.
To me OpenRA is like a model train. It will never be finished! :)

See https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/4035 for the need of a Singleplayer/Skirmish button. This question has also been asked on Facebook/ModDB/Disquz more than once.
Last edited by Matt on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.