Pathfinding issues

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
AgentAAA

Pathfinding issues

Post by AgentAAA »

While doing a normal match on CNC, I ended up attempting to harass an opponent's tiberium refinery with some rocket infantry. Seeing a nearby guard tower, I attempted to send them through the tiberium and just take a couple points of damage for them rather than watch them get diced. Knowing the AI will flat-out avoid Tiberium, I tried to send them in y clicking on the tiberium patch directly, only for my rocket's to still avoid the stuff like the plague and try to go around it.
This seems like something that might need a patch - I'd like to be able to decide where my soldiers go.

Matt

Post by Matt »

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Seems to be a thin border where more unit AI is wanted or annoying.

AgentAAA

Post by AgentAAA »

when it stops me from being able to make a direct order - it's a bit of an issue. The annoying inability for the AI to wait to use a bridge, or fight me if I decide to make it stop chasing the artillery into a trap, or simply think I'm asking it to go half the distance I actually am - that's something I can deal with because it's annoying but I can do something about it. I'm very bothered by the fact I plain can't order some of my men to do something.