Gotta post it somewhere,

nyancat

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Eagle XI

Gotta post it somewhere,

Post by Eagle XI »

About C&C95 mod:
No1. gamebreaker currently is that enemy plane approaching. No AA on earth can catch that thing, its almost a 2. superweapon hell in some situations its even better than a superweapon. So i suggest either to:
- simply hit it with the nerfbat. Hereby i could recommend simply divide this power's strength into multiple planes, with optimum being 2.
- give an aerial guard overwatch ability that spawns a jet to intercept it.
If that wasnt enough its the best scout unit in the game too, fly it over his base once and you know the entire layout. Remove its sight range.
No2. is unlimited ammo trollololo choppers, inspecially my beloved apache. Under normal circumstances i slip past the AA, down his conyard=ammo used. Normally they must return to base then. Here i can continue with demolishing the powerplants, then weaps, whilst pickin the few hastily mustered AA for free exp(rocketguys) without ever needing to return. If you really want them to have unlimited ammo then implement a 2. weaker weapon(gattling for orca, one small napalm missile for apache) and put it there.
Besides i can spam them and park them overall the place every 2.cell as even more base defense thanks to that shit.
Oh and give Helipads the road below them back. But not silos.
Helipads repair the aircraft slow, repairpad was faster, the failed detection when a heli doesnt land properly resulting in no repair at all that tends to occur frequently is contributing towards this.
Heli's are overpriced. The price in classic was: 1200 chopper, 300 pad.
Give classic APC as is to Nod back, i dont have anything to transport engineers wtf.
IF possible: Engineers should count as 2 bibs onlyin chinook. So in the end you can trans only 5 of them via any method.
When exiting chinook engineer wants to go NW direction for some unknown odd reason. (instead just a cell south where chinook landed)
Finally a C&C95 with skirmish option. And units gain veterancy too.
Chinook sometime fails to land remaining at a low flight attitude just above the ground. Seeing that i thought helis could be built at weap too using that error so they can exit the door. As for nod they can just fly in.
We can build dinos in biolabor, yay ^-^ Visceroid shouldnt be buildable imho.
Capturing hospital heals infantry slowly over time. Can we Port over RA medic with this as preq. ?
Working oil derricks, blue tiberium etc. all hurrah.
Future idea: Make neutral tech center capturable that allows a buildlimit1 5000cost superunit at weap. DTA mod for TS had some ideas that could be recycled for this.
Future idea2: Naval combat. Hereby both sides will build ships then subs as advanced tier. Subs will function more like long range snipers at sea.
All these changes but y u no implement mobile detector for GDI.
The harvester tilts while harvesting instead using the 'blades' and refinery doesnt display the green arrows when an harvester is about to return.
Make it so radar and lights on tower at Airstrip is animated at all times that structure is so lifeless now.
Advanced comm center should double as Radar and fullfill preqs of Comm center upon built. So when you have it you can tear down the standard radar.
Port over Supply Truck.
Port over Power On/Off.
Some maps have blossom trees in incorrect tile. one tile south on where they should have been exactly.

About RA mod:
Implement small inf as an option.
Port over teamcolorable engineer as in C&C95.
Port over Multiple Queues, speeds up the game considerably.
Port over Conyard build radius.
Navalmap against Cpu=LAAAG. :,(
Mass Rakzeros are on a rampage. They are so good against everything except flames but thats if it doesnt explode before reaching them ofcourse, nuke and nuke trucks work too. Iirc mass Rocketguy meets mass mg was a disaster for mass rockets in classic. Here they pawn their counters ?
Allies can build Hind, thats soviet's chopper.
With the Flaktruck soviets gained an AA unit. Hilarious that its weapon has longer range than sight and can auto-acquire targets without seeing them.
The sniper breaks it completely in favor of soviets. Where allies have only a buildlimit1 commando soviets can spam snipers overall the place to counter every kind of infantry including tanya.
Why no Volkov ?
What good is power-off function when production structures cant be powered off.
Building multiple factories doesnt speed up anything, so either seperate queues per structure like in CC95 or the speedup please.
If the chronostorm disaster is present ?
Some naval maps have ridicilous islands completely enclosed in cliff with pumps on it so only allies who can build a chinook can own the isle.
Paratroop is a joke, double the amount.
Both minelayers should be available to both factions.
Capturing an oilfield should contribute to captors storage capacity too.
Oilfields should begin burn down below %50 health losing health so you require an engi+repairing to fix it.

About Dune:
Sandworms fail yet.
Lags anytime against cpu.

In general:
Implement some sort of an ingame chat.
Allow player to store multiple colors for future usage.
The port you was using by default was crashing the game for me whenever i wanted to create a game, after discovering that i have to set to 6666 then i could play the game.
Some cliff tiles have incorrect passability in C&C95. (Fe. at Moosehead barrens the rock at NW corner)
You should be able to sell vehicles on repair pad.
When an APC is killed the passengers should have a %chance for coming out, surviving with half-health.
Complete vehicle wracks for ra.
Try if aircraft wracks on ground possible where they have fallen.
Complete and implement building husks for both cc95 and ra.
Oilfield and pumps require to be stronger.

There is bound to be more as i keep exploring.