Missions

The missions are soo cool

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
zypres1

Missions

Post by zypres1 »

The missions are really cool, but I still think its too hard.

The soviet killing mission is sweet, I love the feelings of planes doing missions..

But scott, you should reveal to all the secret way of managing allies04..
Do it with spoiler text... I know, I won it, but only with no shrouds...

BaronOfStuff

Re: Missions

Post by BaronOfStuff »

zypres1 wrote: But scott, you should reveal to all the secret way of managing allies04..
Do it with spoiler text... I know, I won it, but only with no shrouds...
Much like any Spy-based missions on RA95, it really is trial-and-error at the moment. Of course the biggest difference between RA95 and OpenRA when it comes to missions is that there are no savegames in OpenRA, so the T&E approach takes much, much longer!

Scott_NZ

Post by Scott_NZ »

I've been thinking of slightly increasing the reveal range for the spies so you can react to the dog patrols better.

Surrealistik

Post by Surrealistik »

I'm not sure what's with the Spy mission. I had all but won, and sent an Engineer to capture the Iron Curtain tech center; he couldn't infiltrate it.

I then thought to bring a normal unit there to see if it would proximity capture; it didn't.

Out of desperation, I attacked the damn thing and destroyed it; I lost the mission. >:(

On the idea of a larger sight radius for Spies, makes sense. They're scouting/recon units after all, in addition to their infiltration properties.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Surrealistik wrote: I'm not sure what's with the Spy mission. I had all but won, and sent an Engineer to capture the Iron Curtain tech center; he couldn't infiltrate it.
...what.

You don't need to capture it. As long as you get your Spy in there, the only objective is to destroy all other Soviet structures.

Surrealistik

Post by Surrealistik »

It said only to 'secure the tech centre' which I did! If nothing else the objective should be changed to destroy all soviet presence.