Civilians/Technicians

Those wonderful free units from selling structures...

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
BaronOfStuff

Civilians/Technicians

Post by BaronOfStuff »

...are anything but wonderful. These guys/gals are, to be completely straight, just shit.

They're armed, but they might as well be using harsh language. The weapon's 100% ineffective against absolutely everything; even other tech/civ units. Can we give them a purpose other than running blindly into the shroud and getting killed by mystery units in the fog? I'd have expected them to at least be capable of killing each other...

I know that they were near-enough utterly useless in RA95 too, but back then they didn't spew forth from almost every structure sold, and could at least deal some visible measure of damage with their puny weapon on other tech/civ units, and even proper infantry units if there were enough of them. They were also semi-useful scouts as they were the same speed as Grenadiers (and then double that speed when panicked).

On another note, the female civilians share the usual 'male' death screams of all infantry. This is just a minor annoyance, but should this be changed to Tanya's death scream, or even a new one?

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

My idea would be:

Make them proximity capturable and give them some more health. So they could work as "hostages" and then you get money by returning them to your base or use them to empower a building (for example a powerplant)

Basically this is done in the Act of War and Conflict Zone RTS
Hail to the soviets!

Matt

Post by Matt »

The hostage for money idea might already work by adding:

Code: Select all

SupplyTruck:
		Payload: 500