Making Hard AI, hard?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
vrkomarov

Re: Making Hard AI, hard?

Post by vrkomarov »

djwhitfield wrote: Is there a way to make the Hard AI hard?

I played against 8 or 10 Hard AIs with two friends and they were simply too easy.
We expected 3 AIs to be enough, fighting one each. But 8 or 10 Hard AIs is still too easy for us. Any suggestions please?
I'm trying to do more complex ai with finite state machines and fuzzy logic. Now i fix bugs and test it on cnc mod. I can say that war with him was much more difficult. Even one on one hard to win at least to me. Now I think about inserting a neural network so that ai can be trained (not sure if it's worth doing). Maybe someone will be interested. Sorry my poor english.

Matt

Post by Matt »

vrkomarov wrote: I'm trying to do more complex ai with finite state machines and fuzzy logic. Now i fix bugs and test it on cnc mod. I can say that war with him was much more difficult. Even one on one hard to win at least to me. Now I think about inserting a neural network so that ai can be trained (not sure if it's worth doing). Maybe someone will be interested. Sorry my poor english.
I tried your code from https://github.com/VrKomarov/OpenRA but it did not even compile so I can't test it.
CSC mods/ra/OpenRA.Mods.RA.dll
OpenRA.Mods.RA/AI/AttackOrFleeFuzzy.cs(7,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `AI' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
OpenRA.Mods.RA/AI/AttackOrFleeFuzzy.cs(14,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FuzzyVariable' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 0 warnings
PS: It compiles with MonoDevelop though and I am very impressed. The unit handling has been extremely improved. It retreats on low health and pushes aggressively instead of waiting all the time in the middle of the map. Test AI tried a Yak rush and Normal AI built ships that did defend the base. You should remove the speed hack and send a pull request to https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA This is awesome!

keithtmccartney

Post by keithtmccartney »

Howdy all, thank-you so much for this open-source project - :D - I've cloned this and the similar projects (Age of Empires & RollerCoaster Tycoon 2); I'm just wondering, correct me, please, if this is not-permitted for discussion within this post... I'm trying to get FuzzyLogicLibrary working but am unsure of the target-framework, I'm downgrading the project to target (from original of .NET 4.5) to 4.0, 3.5, but the logic in the solution's "Common" library is not installing/restoring the NPM package; any thoughts/redirect me elsewhere, please?