[REQUEST] ISO

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
katzsmile

[REQUEST] ISO

Post by katzsmile »

Please do isometry like in RA2. Onegai! ^^'

riderr3

Post by riderr3 »

Meh... I dont like isometry in first RA and CNC, Its ok now. There are lot more things which must be fixed and improved (AI, optimization,etc.)

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Isometry? Really? This is probably about as necessary as unnecessary brain surgery. AFAIK isometry wouldn't work with the standard tilesets anyway, it would involve far too much work to adapt them.

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

If we're going to support TS and RA2, this will have to happen. Noone is saying it's a good idea for TD/RA1/D2K.

Holy_Master

Post by Holy_Master »

keep using fake iso as Starcraft or Dune2k should be better, with those view you dont need to worry about vehicle tilted that will force you to use made engine to support voxel/3d model in the end.

Matt

Post by Matt »

I found two projects that try to make a voxel based RTS engine: Both in Java and there are no screenshots so I guess nothing is working yet.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

One reason why I don't like isometry is that it grossly fucks around with what you think you see on-screen. N/S distances and speeds, etc seem different than E/W speeds; yeah, it's easy to get used to, but I still don't like it because it just looks odd regardless. It's probably the worst style for RTS, at least in my opinion.