...it doesn't work on Windows XP SP3?!!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
secret

...it doesn't work on Windows XP SP3?!!

Post by secret »

I've tried with NET framework 4, 3.5 for SP1, 1.0 compact for SP3, and yet it doesn't work. Any tips?

raminator

Post by raminator »

do you have framework 2.o, etc installed?
there´s somewhere a topic where i had similar problem and they told me, that i need to install the older frameworks too

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

Please post your exception.log so we can see what the actual problem here is. Are you running the packaged build? That should set up all the dependencies you need.

ddd

Post by ddd »

I have WinXP SP3 on one of my PCs. The newest playtest works pretty well on it.

TheBlackOut

Post by TheBlackOut »

I am running XP SP3 on my laptop. Newest build will not run. Included logs. Any other information requested I'll happily provide.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidProgramException: Unsupported GPU. See graphics.log for details.
at OpenRA.Renderer.Glsl.GraphicsDevice..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, WindowMode window, Boolean vsync)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at OpenRA.Graphics.Renderer.CreateDevice(Assembly rendererDll, Int32 width, Int32 height, WindowMode window, Boolean vsync)
at OpenRA.Graphics.Renderer.Initialize(WindowMode windowMode)
at OpenRA.Game.Initialize(Arguments args)
at OpenRA.Program.Run(String[] args)
at OpenRA.Program.Main(String[] args)

Edit: Wow I feel dumb. Unsupported GPU would explain a lot. Any workarounds or is this hardware just not compatible?

secret

Post by secret »

raminator wrote: do you have framework 2.o, etc installed?
there´s somewhere a topic where i had similar problem and they told me, that i need to install the older frameworks too
Oddly enough, couldn't find the topic, also...it seems I don't get any exception.log at all. I've used the search function, so I can't see how I am wrong.

ddd

Post by ddd »

TheBlackOut wrote: Edit: Wow I feel dumb. Unsupported GPU would explain a lot. Any workarounds or is this hardware just not compatible?
What GPU do you use? Did you install the latest drivers for that? You may also try to execute a game with alternative randerer in a console:
1. Change directory to your openra root directory.
2. Execute it with the following:
mono OpenRA.Game.exe "SupportDir=~/.openra" UtilityPath=OpenRA.Utility.sh Game.Mods=ra Graphics.Renderer=Cg
If you use Windows, just execute:
OpenRA.Game.exe Game.Mods=ra Graphics.Renderer=Cg

ddd

Post by ddd »

secret wrote: Oddly enough, couldn't find the topic, also...it seems I don't get any exception.log at all. I've used the search function, so I can't see how I am wrong.
What OS do you use?
In *nix it's usually in ~/.openra/Logs directory
In Windows it's in my documents directory. If you use WinXP take a look in the Documents and Settings directory. If you use Win7 take a look in the Users direcory.

TheBlackOut

Post by TheBlackOut »

ddd wrote:
TheBlackOut wrote: Edit: Wow I feel dumb. Unsupported GPU would explain a lot. Any workarounds or is this hardware just not compatible?
What GPU do you use? Did you install the latest drivers for that? You may also try to execute a game with alternative randerer in a console:
1. Change directory to your openra root directory.
2. Execute it with the following:
mono OpenRA.Game.exe "SupportDir=~/.openra" UtilityPath=OpenRA.Utility.sh Game.Mods=ra Graphics.Renderer=Cg
If you use Windows, just execute:
OpenRA.Game.exe Game.Mods=ra Graphics.Renderer=Cg
I am running XP SP3. Tried executing that, still did not run.

I have a Sony Vaio pcg-7l1l. Has an Intel integrated processor lol.. Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900. Old thing.

ddd

Post by ddd »

Intel Integrated graphics is a shit. What is in your exception.log after trying to execute a game with alternative Cg renderer?

secret

Post by secret »

Sleipnir wrote: Please post your exception.log so we can see what the actual problem here is. Are you running the packaged build? That should set up all the dependencies you need.
Yes, I run the packaged one.

The error:

Code: Select all

System.InvalidOperationException: GL Error: 1282
   at OpenRA.Renderer.Glsl.GraphicsDevice.CheckGlError()
   at OpenRA.Renderer.Glsl.Shader..ctor(GraphicsDevice dev, String type)
   at OpenRA.Renderer.Glsl.GraphicsDevice.CreateShader(String name)
   at OpenRA.Graphics.Renderer..ctor()

TheBlackOut

Post by TheBlackOut »

ddd wrote: Intel Integrated graphics is a shit. What is in your exception.log after trying to execute a game with alternative Cg renderer?
System.InvalidOperationException: No valid techniques
at OpenRA.Renderer.Cg.Shader..ctor(GraphicsDevice dev, String name)
at OpenRA.Renderer.Cg.GraphicsDevice.CreateShader(String name)
at OpenRA.Graphics.Renderer..ctor()

Yea, very thankful I have a good desktop but I would like to be able to play it on the go if possible.

roytam1

Post by roytam1 »

I'm getting similar error in XP SP3.
Display: Intel G31

debug.log:
Failed generating OpenAL source 29

exception.log:
System.InvalidOperationException: GL Error: GL_INVALID_ENUM
at OpenRA.Renderer.Cg.GraphicsDevice.CheckGlError()
at OpenRA.Renderer.Cg.GraphicsDevice.CreateTexture()
at OpenRA.Graphics.Sheet.get_Texture()
at OpenRA.Graphics.SpriteRenderer.Flush()
at OpenRA.Graphics.SpriteRenderer.DrawSprite(Sprite s, float2 location, Int32 paletteIndex, float2 size)
at OpenRA.Graphics.SpriteFont.DrawText(String text, float2 location, Color c)
at OpenRA.Widgets.LabelWidget.DrawInner()
at OpenRA.Widgets.Widget.Draw()
at OpenRA.Graphics.Viewport.DrawRegions(WorldRenderer wr, IInputHandler inputHandler)
at OpenRA.Game.Tick(OrderManager orderManager, Viewport viewPort)
at OpenRA.Game.Run()

beedee

Post by beedee »

Well it seems like your GPU driver is lying and doesn't properly support the features it says it does. Have you tried using the CG renderer as detailed above?

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

The Intel graphics drivers that ship with windows doesn't include working OpenGL support. Grab the latest drivers from the Intel website and try again.