Names for bots

I need 10 good names for each of C&C and RA.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
chrisf

Names for bots

Post by chrisf »

Post suggestions for bot names. They should ideally be related to the game. I'll take the best 10 or so for each game as the internal bot name list, which bots will choose randomly from when the game starts.

Iran

Post by Iran »

Allies:
  • Grand Marshal Günther von Esling, German Army officer, Commander-in-Chief of European forces, and apparent leader of the military governing Europe.
  • General Nikos Stavros, Greek officer, Second-in-Command to General von Esling.
  • General Ben Carville, USA officer. The player's commanding officer in Red Alert: Retaliation.
Soviet
  • Joseph Stalin, General Secretary of the Soviet Union.
  • Nadia, Chief of the NKVD.
  • General Gradenko, Russian commander.
  • Marshal Georgi Kukov, commander of the Red Army.
  • General Topolov. Alert: Retaliation.
For C&C1: General Sheppard and Seth.

From Tiberian Sun: Michael McNeil, General James Solomon, Anton Slavik, General Vega, (General?) Hassan
Last edited by Iran on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theplant

RA characters

Post by theplant »

I'd like to see General Nikos Stavros, General Gradenko, and Marshal Georgi Kukov added to the RA bot list.

Maybe later when we have good A.I. we can associate different A.I. personalities with specific names and introduce Stalin and Günther von Esling as "brutal" A.I. characters.

CRYS

Post by CRYS »

Iran has listed all, but dont forget General Ben Carville join us in RA2 again and dead by Crazy Ivan. Should we use names from RA2 only RA1? :?

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

Names from RA2 are fine too, I guess.

For CNC, the obvious:

Kane.

nanosheep

Post by nanosheep »

Commander Volkov

Iran

Post by Iran »

Carville is in Red Alert: Retaliation.

Matt

Post by Matt »

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

C&C (all of these are in Tiberian Dawn):
GDI:

Sheppard
Solomon (GDI 'player character')
Carter
Morelli
Parker/Havoc
Delphi

Nod:
Kane
Seth

Other:
Moebius (hahaha)
Nikoomba (!)

GDI clearly has the most characters in Tiberian Dawn, although in this case allegiance isn't really a problem, as bots can play as either faction.

Generalcamo

Post by Generalcamo »

Einstien: Focuses on high tech units, devoting early game to teching up and resource gathering. A normal player.
Gradenko: Focuses mainly on tank rushing. Devotes early game to resource control and tank construction. Also uses superweapons. A Steamroller.
Stalin: Focuses on powerful units, including commandos. He will build defences and refineries in the beginning, while finishing with a bang. A Turtler
Stavros: Mostly focuses on precision strikes with commandos and engineers. Loves transports and stealth units. If attacked, he will strike back more aggressively. A more advanced turtler

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

We need to make the yaml more hackable to things like that in the future, else we just always have to ask nicely for valkyrie to change things...

Ripsn

Post by Ripsn »

Base names on Generals that would have actually commanded the armys were the cold were to be a reality.
i.e Adm. Chester nimitz,
Montgomery
etc etc