bugs i noticed

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
daskilla

bugs i noticed

Post by daskilla »

1. Game crashes regularly (no surprise), on one PC i can't even launch it .
2. Rocket soldiers don't shoot at YAK. Air defense (allies) only after some time starts shooting at plane.
3. (probably bug) Mammoth tank rockets flies in circles .
4. (probably bug) Destroyed tanks don't disappear.
5. If you make a game and RA crashes, and you re-launch RA, game still appears in game selection for long time.
6. One time I joined game lobby and game started instantly -- I could not do anything just watch one player playing game.
7. Unit movement is is terrible, micro is not possible. But I guess It is more RA problem.
8. Game is too slow.
9. Build time doesn't decrease it you build more buildings of same type.
10. (not sure about this) Did you decreased range of Cruisers? They are worthless now.
11. Interesting dog sound we named "birth of the dog" :)
12. (HUGE) Players can't connect to each others games. And why you don't add RA in Windows FW programs list, while installing game?

Yes, but thank you for your work! :)

EDIT:
13. Two planes on one airfield.

Dukat863

Re: bugs i noticed

Post by Dukat863 »

daskilla wrote: 2. Rocket soldiers don't shoot at YAK.
Units don't shoot automatically at all.
daskilla wrote: 4. (probably bug) Destroyed tanks don't disappear.
It's just a tank husk. It's useless, but adds some realism to game.
daskilla wrote: 5. If you make a game and RA crashes, and you re-launch RA, game still appears in game selection for long time.
This one happends even if you disconnect. Host shoud try to re-join to server each 15 secs. If no responce for 15 secs - server down
daskilla wrote: 6. One time I joined game lobby and game started instantly -- I could not do anything just watch one player playing game.
You were spectator. About instant start: launch shoud pause if someone join
daskilla wrote: 7. Unit movement is is terrible, micro is not possible. But I guess It is more RA problem.
It's pathfinding problem. May-be it's not completed
daskilla wrote: 8. Game is too slow.
Actually it's too fast than shoud be
daskilla wrote: 9. Build time doesn't decrease it you build more buildings of same type.
This one was disabled
daskilla wrote: 12. And why you don't add RA in Windows FW programs list, while installing game?
May-be you disabled shortcut installation
daskilla wrote: 13. Two planes on one airfield.
Alghoritm bug - it shoud check for other free airfields

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

> Husks

They have two purposes, really. First, they look cool. Second, they *block a cell* until they burn out. This helps to balance massed tanks -- an attack can be seriously weakened by killing the first couple of rows of tanks, forcing the others to go another way, or dribble through the gaps.

> Windows FW list

I'll do something about that.