Bug Report + Crash Report (Can't launch game)

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Aidanc

Bug Report + Crash Report (Can't launch game)

Post by Aidanc »

Hey guys,

I know I'm meant to put this in the tracker / irc but the tracker is down and I wasn't getting much response from the IRC at the time so I thought It'd be best to post it here.

I've got a Dell Studio 1535 with a HD Radeon 3400. I'm using the proprietary drivers and Ubuntu 10.04 32bit.

I'm getting the following error when I attempt to launch the game...

System.InvalidOperationException: No valid techniques
at OpenRA.GlRenderer.Shader..ctor (OpenRA.GlRenderer.GraphicsDevice dev, System.IO.Stream s) [0x00000]
at OpenRA.GlRenderer.GraphicsDevice.CreateShader (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000]
at OpenRA.Graphics.Renderer..ctor () [0x00000]
at OpenRA.Game.Initialize (OpenRA.Arguments args) [0x00000]
at OpenRA.Program.Run (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
at OpenRA.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]

My drivers are working and I've attempt to turn off compiz to fix the problem but I've had no luck.

The game works fine when I launch in on Windows 7 (But I'd really rather stick with Ubuntu :( ). I did notice a bug however, when I attempt to host a game on port 443 the game freezes up (crashes). If this isn't possible, shouldn't it at least do something more elegant?

Oh! also a bug on the website... http://openra.res0l.net/releases/linux/download.php that page doesn't have a link to "forum"
Thanks!

Aidanc

Post by Aidanc »

Same error in latest version

Two further error's that Iran found when we were playing. He reported both in IRC but I'm unsure if they were noted.

1) Host can't talk in team chat
2) Game crashes when host disconnects

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

"No valid techniques" is a cryptic way of saying that the game can't start OpenGL for some reason or another. Can you run other OpenGL apps without problems?

Aidanc

Post by Aidanc »

Sleipnir wrote: "No valid techniques" is a cryptic way of saying that the game can't start OpenGL for some reason or another. Can you run other OpenGL apps without problems?
Yeah, I can run Heroes of Newerth, Quake 3 and others :S