Compiling OpenRA on Ubuntu

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
ddd

Post by ddd »

Use "ls -l" to see the file's permissions and then compare them. "man chmod" and "man chown" also can help you. )

Matt

Post by Matt »

tacozmeister wrote: Hmm, how does one install extra mods (for example, mine) on Ubuntu? I tried simply dragging and dropping my mod into /usr/share/openra/mods/, but it says I do not have sufficient permission. But whenever I run "sudo nautilus" and DO put the file in there, the game will not even read the file when I open it up. I'm 100% positive it isn't just my mod, because it works fine on Windows and all that jazz.
We should allow the installation of mods in the user folder https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/2426

riderr3

Post by riderr3 »

tacozmeister wrote: Hmm, how does one install extra mods (for example, mine) on Ubuntu? I tried simply dragging and dropping my mod into /usr/share/openra/mods/, but it says I do not have sufficient permission. But whenever I run "sudo nautilus" and DO put the file in there, the game will not even read the file when I open it up. I'm 100% positive it isn't just my mod, because it works fine on Windows and all that jazz.
Thats because I placed all openra stuff in home ~/.openra folder, without install.

Would be better if it supports place custom mods (and other override files) in ~/.openra folder and main unchanged files in /usr/share/openra/

xan2622

Post by xan2622 »

It would be really useful if someone could post an updated step-by-step tutorial to know how to compile the latest openra-bleed under linux, after a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.10 ?

... a very detailed tutorial with all commands required to test the latest development builds.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Have a look at https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/blob/bleed/.travis.yml because our CI system uses an Ubuntu backend.