Paradrop

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

What should be done with the Soviet paradrop?

It's fine as it is. No change needed.
45%
Add an extra rocket soldier to the 5
No votes
Add a flame trooper to the 5
10%
Drop twice as many troops -- 10 instead of 5
15%
Keep it the same but allow e.g. 3 drops to be stored up and used perhaps all at the same time
15%
Something else -- please explain in the thread
15%

Total votes: 20

zinc

Paradrop

Post by zinc »

What should be done with it?

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

The test build with vetted infantry and a cooldown of 5 minutes is a good spot for paratroopers.

zinc

Re: Paradrop

Post by zinc »

My own view is that they are rather weak. You might just get a nuke with them once in a while. I would favour having a number on the paradrop icon, so if you don't use them they will collect up and can then use maybe 3 at once.

Either that, or increase it to 10 troops total with 3 rockets in the mix.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

I think Soviets are already really strong and you should think about that the allies defense structures will probably get much expensive the next release.

If buff the paratroops then take the chance to implement an old gamemechanic.
The paratroops and the spyplane had a chargetimereduction if you builded more airstrips.

Dont reduce the chargetime so much and reduce the HP for airstrips in that step then it is okay for me.

I remember that i often builded some airstrips just to get that chargetimereduction, the planes where a waste in original anyways ...

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

Blackened wrote: The test build with vetted infantry and a cooldown of 5 minutes is a good spot for paratroopers.
I agree with this statement.

I also want to point out paradrops gives $900 worth of free units. I would say paradrops are quite good for attacking unprotected eco.

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

Doomsday wrote:
Blackened wrote: The test build with vetted infantry and a cooldown of 5 minutes is a good spot for paratroopers.
I agree with this statement.

I also want to point out paradrops gives $900 worth of free units. I would say paradrops are quite good for attacking unprotected eco.
vetted drop gives a bonus $200 dollars worth to boot.