Dune 2k mod MP thread

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Prince Blueblood

Dune 2k mod MP thread

Post by Prince Blueblood »

ok, due to almost nobody playing Dune2k, despite that was my favourite (due to being fan of Frank Herbert's Dune). If you want to play dune in OpenRA, you can post in this thread. we can arrange our time to go for MP matches (due to Dune2K AI cannot build concrete effectively.

And yeah, I'm quite often play RA as well , my usual nickname is "Prince Blueblood"

I'm available tommorow and the day after... :lol:

Prince Blueblood

Seriously? Nobody is interested in Dune 2k?

Oh well... (Back to playing RA as usual)

By the way, and comparing Dune2K to my RA mp playstyles, yes, must admit that due to weaker siege tank capabilities, and no solid anti infantry base defense (missile turrets can and will be overwhelmed by 10 troopers), I must admit that Dune2K itself lent the best strength to one who simply use a brute force tactics, since a deceptively simple mix of light infantry : troopers : combat tanks, always wins the day. Especially with Atreides and Harkonnen . long range Atreides combat tanks means you just need to sent infantry on attack move - they are meatshields anyway, and microing the combat tanks to destroy critical enemies who threatened your wave of infantry, Harkonnen is somewhat easier but less reliable, their slow combat tanks made microing them less effective, but they're quite tough and its end up as mostly brute force attack. A properly microed Atreides forces, however, will always win against Harkonnen with similar strength forces.

And speaking of which yes, Ordos forces you to play tactical raids, hurting enemy economy early while maintaining superrior economy and keeping your enemies at bay with constant stealth raiders hit and run in mid to late game. If you let your Arteides / Harkonnen foes built a big force of infantry, troopers, and combat tanks, you're toast because Ordos combat tanks didn't even have any chance in frontal assaults.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Prince Blueblood wrote: Seriously? Nobody is interested in Dune 2k?
That is also frustrating me a bit.

Prince Blueblood

Cmd. Matt wrote:
Prince Blueblood wrote: Seriously? Nobody is interested in Dune 2k?
That is also frustrating me a bit.
when are you available? ;)

we can have our fights! :D

In fact, I'm available this night!

Aner1181

Post by Aner1181 »

Let's try to play in d2k on the weekend? Mail me you skype, please!

Prince Blueblood

aneyrin wrote: Let's try to play in d2k on the weekend? Mail me you skype, please!
I'm usually available on weekend, but well, I'm not really sure this week due to my ISP's connection problems last week (blasted oversharing, I wish I can get a new broadband connections who didn't have to share bandwidth with those ****-ing video-selfie-streamers, the other users of broadband here outside of gamers)

really, I missed my student days when literally only a handful of people use internet here in Indonesia, when I can play MP Zero Hours and TIberium Wars without even lags. The internet access program done by education ministry actually ends up harming the previous users due to overly populated users

AoAGeneral

Post by AoAGeneral »

The last time I played D2K I built trikes and tanks. The trikes trumped all infantry types and the tanks were used to box the enemy in. Then I just build and do whatever I want.
Last edited by AoAGeneral on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aner1181

Post by Aner1181 »

So, if anybody want to play D2K mod, you welcome to inbox me! 8)

AoAGeneral

Post by AoAGeneral »

Jumping on at random. Mainly during the night. Only a few times during the day.

asi_turk

Post by asi_turk »

I can play between 16:15-18:00 (MAX!) on weekdays
I can play between 20:00(probally)-00:00

I sometimes switch over mods so you should be playing for a long time for me to join the game, I log on to IRC (#openra) every time I turn on my computer if you see me I am logged in (nick is asi_turk...) just send me a chat message!