OpenRA forums open

Official announcements from the developers.
Sleipnir

OpenRA forums open

Post by Sleipnir » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:15 am

OpenRA is an open source (GPL3) rts game engine that we have been working on for the past year that aims to recreate the look and feel of the early C&C games.

OpenRA is designed to be easily and highly moddable, with our default games (ra and cnc) being written as mods using the same techniques that any other modders have access to.

Our website with packaged downloads can be found at www.open-ra.org. The source code is available on github; our master repository is at http://github.com/chrisforbes/OpenRA/.

Thanks to the recent explosion of interest, we are creating a general set of forums; our main hub of activity remains our irc channel at irc.freenode.net #openra.

Before you ask any questions, please first read our FAQ. This will answer questions such as "Help, my game just crashed!?", "How do I play online?", and "OMG LAAAAAAAG" (ok, this last one isn't a question, but its something we get a lot of feedback on!)

You can find the FAQ at http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... 81&t=14842.

Welcome back Commander!
Last edited by Sleipnir on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nanosheep

Re: what happend!? gamespeed and building speed

Post by nanosheep » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:21 am

Jayman wrote: Hi Guys,
I am a long time player (I guess you could say pro lol) who plays on kali.net which where alot of experienced old school (mplayer, heat.net days! O YEAH) red alert players still play. We have tried this with high hopes but were very disappointed with a few key features of the game that were taken out (wtf!). The most important is that building speed does not increase for tanks with more wars and speed for buildings with mvc. Anyone who plays this game online can attest that this a major part of the game. Also. what happened to game speed, you cannot increase it? at medium speed it is painful slow and with the internet, it would be even slower and not playable... Including these features to the new mod would attract a lot of new and old gamers who still play the game and appreciate the building speed(which is really what the game is about). Come to Tunggle and kali.net where all players still play and ask the lobby their thoughts. Those are the real active people left in the Red Alert community.
Thanks,
Jay
I think what he's trying to say is that build time for buildings and units decrease as you have more construction yards/war factories/barracks built (effective up to 4). That key feature is somehow missing in this version.

steveredd

Updating.

Post by steveredd » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:07 am

Sooo im Not entirley sure how to update this. I could use some help. Thanks!

leonrossdale

Post by leonrossdale » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:16 pm

Yeah, I agree with Jayman. I am a long time player too. It was really unfortunate that some awesome features got removed from the game. I hope you guys will restore these features in the coming update. Thank you.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:39 pm

No one cared for the ra-classic mod so it was removed again. We now have a production queue speedup in the latest http://openra.res0l.net/news/playtest-20131110/ which is still a lot less spammy than the original though.